Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
new gen 3 problems

My new Gen 3 gold edition is not doing to well I have just emailed Bookeen to see what they say, it has a problem starting just sticking on the start up screen. I have had to reset it nearly every time I have turned it on.

When charging for the first time and when attaching to the computer to put books on it it does not register it is connected with out resetting.

And the display is not to good missing out half a line or making the turn off box a bit mixed up.

Then when you put it to sleep the bookeen text is there but it want come back on with out resetting it. I'm hoping they will replace it.
I am disappointed because I convinced my brother this was a better reader than the Sony 505 which we have also. I prefer the Gen 3 I have had a few years but got the Sony before they went Epub after it became difficult to buy mobi books in the UK. I still want to have this fixed because it's a better screen and simpler to use.
Becky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	54258   Click image for larger version

Name:	text.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	54259   Click image for larger version

Name:	text2.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	54260   Click image for larger version

Name:	box.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	54261  
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Is flash refresh active ?

Quote:
When charging for the first time and when attaching to the computer to put books on it it does not register it is connected with out resetting.
Gen3 have to be on, not off, or in sleep mode.

Quote:
it has a problem starting just sticking on the start up screen.
Check out the memory.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
becket
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Is flash refresh active ?

yes

Gen3 have to be on, not off, or in sleep mode.

Yes but the other one when you plug in the USB to a power source the light comes on a lot quicker with having to try a few times. And when conected to the computer is would not show conected again with out a few tries, unlike the other one.

Check out the memory.

I will give it a try
becky
Old 06-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The off box, i see some traces too on my opus, though it's noting as bad.
The cutted lines, might be a weirdo ePub.

Crash at first page, i "fixed" that, by using an Sd card instead. With the touble you have connecting to pc.. Contact bookeen on that one.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
becket
Enthusiast

Quote:
The off box, i see some traces too on my opus, though it's noting as bad.
The cutted lines, might be a weirdo ePub.

Crash at first page, i "fixed" that, by using an Sd card instead. With the touble you have connecting to pc.. Contact bookeen on that one.
I am waiting for them to email a reply I will try a SD card I was hoping with the larger memory it would not need one.
Becky
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
becket
Enthusiast

Using a 2GB SD card made no difference, it also freezes after I have safley removed it from being connected to a computer when I have been putting books on. Does ay one have a phone number for Bookeen? all their contact info is for eamil forms or emailing direct.I was going to phone if they do not reply tomorrow.

Thanks Becky
Old 06-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard

Support is only e-mail. When did you sent the e-mail ? They usually respond in 24-48 hours.

They have a phone number, but they won't be able to do much more than confirm your mail was recieved. And there might be a problem with english (or not).
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
becket
Enthusiast

Quote:
Support is only e-mail. When did you sent the e-mail ? They usually respond in 24-48 hours.

They have a phone number, but they won't be able to do much more than confirm your mail was recieved. And there might be a problem with english (or not).
I sent it earlier today, I'm sure the reply will come tomorrow, just being a bit impatient
Becky
Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
becket
Enthusiast

It seems today the reader is working OK which is a relief but atleast I can tell them if it goes faulty they will have a record of it, if I did send it back right now there would be nothing wrong with it. Glad it is behavinbg it's self, thank you for the help.
Becky