Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 02:31 AM   #1
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
An excellent Kindle customer service experience

Recently the navigation button/peg on my few months old Kindle 2 split in half. Weird. The button split in half and, although both halves were retained by the Kindle housing in which it sits, the two halves rattled around badly and had sharp edges that could have cut if pressed on hard enough. One of the two halves of the button was still connected in whatever way needed such that I could still control the Kindle...not well, but it worked after a fashion. But the other half was not connected to anything and just rattled around in the housing.

I was surprised and disappointed as I'd come to love this little device, and I'd always kept it in the leather cover Amazon specially made for this device. So I called Amazon to see how I might get this repaired, expecting to be sans Kindle for 4-6 weeks....not a pleasant thought!

Much to my surprise, Amazon CS was very helpful, told me this would be covered under the warranty (I was surprised, but didn't question this good fortune!), and quickly arranged to overnight me a brand new Kindle 2 and email a pre-paid shipping label such that I could mail the old one back in the same box the new one would come in.

Sure enough, the next day I had a bright, shiny new Kindle...and a convenient box + pre-paid shipping label to mail the other one back with a simple drop off at my local UPS store.

I was so surprised at this excellent service that I just had to tell this group. In this day and age, any good CS experience has to be celebrated!

------

Oh, and btw, transferring all my books to the new Kindle was a total non-issue. When I fired up the new Kindle, the contents had a section titled "Archived" which listed all the content I'd ever purchased for the Kindle...and selecting any item caused it to be downloaded and restored to the new Kindle. IOW...piece 'o cake.

Last edited by goggin; 08-23-2009 at 02:35 AM.
goggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Ever since I got my K1 almost two years ago now, I keep reading these sorts of posts. Almost everybody has had outstanding service from Amazon, and many people who got defective ones had the same great experience that you did.

I must admit that a two-piece button is a new one though.

I only have called CS a few times, and always got a quick answer or solution. The first cover I got did not fold back properly. I called them and they rushed me a replacement and did not even want to original cover back.

Ah, if only every other business has such wonderful service as Amazon! They are equally good at handling non-Kindle problems too.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert