Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Is there a limit to how many bookmarks you can have per file/per device?

I have a scanned copy of a book I own, and I want to read it on the Sony. I also want to clean up the file a little so that if I re-read the book in the future, it's a little better looking. I was thinking of just reading it on the Sony and as I go, bookmarking any page with mistakes. Later, I can go back on the computer, call up the bookmarks and fix the source file.

But I was wondering if there is a bookmark limit where it won't let you add anymore after a certain point. Could you have 100 bookmarks in a book? 200? What might the ceiling be?

Alternatively, if anyone can suggest a better way to go about the editing which does NOT involve reading a lengthy novel off the computer screen, I am happy to hear it
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
There's a thread about this here. I don't think there's a limit - or not a small one anyway.

The history for a book seems to go back 100 pages, so I would imaging at least that for bookmarks! I think the most I ever got to was 30.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert