Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
arshield
Enthusiast
arshield is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Free ESV Bible for Kindle on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B001EOCFU4

I looked at the Kindle version of this bible a while ago and its formating wasn't very good. I sold my kindle and am waiting for the Kindle2 so I don't know if the formating has changed. But it is a good translation and free.
arshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshield View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B001EOCFU4

I looked at the Kindle version of this bible a while ago and its formating wasn't very good. I sold my kindle and am waiting for the Kindle2 so I don't know if the formating has changed. But it is a good translation and free.
Have looked at all the bible versions available here? Free as well, and much better formatted.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Anyone seen an NRSV Bible around in a format I can get on the Kindle? Really could use one. It's pretty much the "go to" standard in (non-Catholic) academic circles but I can't find an ebook version anywhere.

Last edited by Gideon; 02-23-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
arshield
Enthusiast
arshield is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Where are some other bibles? I haven't found any other free ones (other than KJV and a book by book version of WEB). The best formated one that I have found was the HCB (not one I would have otherwise bought, but it was formatted for Kindle well.)

No ideas about NRSV. I haven't seen any.
arshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I really like the formatting of the NIV bible here, but it does cost $9.99. The index points to each book, at the top of each book are pointers to each chapter. AND the Psalms are formatted as poetry. It's very easy to read. But not free.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Anyone seen an NRSV Bible around in a format I can get on the Kindle? Really could use one. It's pretty much the "go to" standard in (non-Catholic) academic circles but I can't find an ebook version anywhere.
It is available - try going a Google search on "nrsv ebook". Eg, Diesel have it in LIT format (which is trivially convertable to Mobi for the Kindle):

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...-Standard.html

Rather expensive at $20, though!

The NRSV is my favourite translation, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
PastorTonyB
PastorTonyB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Amazon Links

You might want to check out http://nrsvbible.brighterplanet.org . They have links to some of the latest NRSV products out there.
PastorTonyB is offline   Reply With Quote