Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
andsoitgoes
andsoitgoes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Reading life: "Privacy Settings Enabled"

I saw there was a post on GetSatisfaction that mentioned this, but it still seems to be a problem.

I checked my wife's reading life settings, and on her touch everything is "on". But if I go to see her profile, I get that error.

All my friends on FB have this. I don't think EVERYONE has turned off the reading life thing.

I searched here, but didn't find any posts.

Nick
andsoitgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I saw there was a post on GetSatisfaction that mentioned this, but it still seems to be a problem.

I checked my wife's reading life settings, and on her touch everything is "on". But if I go to see her profile, I get that error.

All my friends on FB have this. I don't think EVERYONE has turned off the reading life thing.

I searched here, but didn't find any posts.

Nick
Hi Nick, am I correct in assuming that you're referring to the Friends Reading Life library and profile features in our iOS app? In order for a user to allow their friends to see this info they would have to enable the 'Let my friends see my library, stats, and awards' setting in an app that supports it. Currently our iOS app is the only platform with this feature. Sorry about that.

– Charles
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
andsoitgoes

Yes. That's what I mean. And it's incredibly unintuitive as there's no explanation that it's only for ios. So if they logged into their iOS app and enabled it, would it then show their stats based on what they read on their touch?

Are there any plans on extending this to the actual devices?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Yes. That's what I mean. And it's incredibly unintuitive as there's no explanation that it's only for ios. So if they logged into their iOS app and enabled it, would it then show their stats based on what they read on their touch?

Are there any plans on extending this to the actual devices?
If they logged in on the iOS app it would share their Touch stats as well, but do note that logging out of the iOS app resets that sharing setting back to private.

Sadly I can't say whether or not this feature is going to be coming to any other platforms, but for reference it's been available on iOS from June of last year.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
andsoitgoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanyouthink View Post
If they logged in on the iOS app it would share their Touch stats as well, but do note that logging out of the iOS app resets that sharing setting back to private.

Sadly I can't say whether or not this feature is going to be coming to any other platforms, but for reference it's been available on iOS from June of last year.
That's crazy though. I can log my wife's phone into the iOS app, so a least that'll be something.

What about for android? I have a friend who is using the kobo app on android, but I see that same problem.

I see so much potential in reading life, but it's so inconsistent. I don't want it to become ping
Advert