Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Fictionwise 45% off coupon - Exp 8/10?

Code: 080511

Stated to expire 8/8 but probably good through Wednesday, 8/10.

Does not apply to Samhain titles.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Thanks again.. Picked up the first three Gideon Oliver novels by Aaron Elkins (Mystery/Crime).

jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
YW.

I have most of this series of the ones that are below $7.99 (Penguin, so FW doesn't have now anyway). Read the first two and they're pretty good.

I first became aware of the series when one of the books showed up in my Amazon recommendations. Little Tiny Teeth. The title was so odd I had to check it out. Still haven't gotten it; still waiting for the price to go down.

Quote:
Sailing the Amazon with a group of botanists, “Skeleton Detective” Gideon Oliver is on his dream vacation. But it turns nightmarish when fierce head-hunters narrowly miss killing the group leader, then a deranged passenger kills a botanist and flees. Long-past enmities and resentments—and new ones as well—might explain things. And when a fresh skeleton turns up in the river, Gideon is sure that, in this jungle full of predators, humans may be the deadliest of all.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Elkins' Gideon Oliver books are great - I read all of the series in DTB, and I was lucky enough to pick up e-book versions of several of the later now-agency ones at reasonable prices or good FW discounts in the pre-agency days.

I also like his other two mystery series - the three (?) Chris Norgren ones about an art curator, which remind me of Elizabeth Peters' Vicky Bliss books, and the ones he writes with his wife about an up-and-coming pro lady golfer, Lee Ofsted. The Norgren ones are currently available at FW (discountable - woohoo), as well as BN and Amazon. The Ofsted ones seem to only be at Amazon, but are somewhat reasonably priced there IMO at $3.99.

Elkins was one of the first mystery authors I found whose backlist was re-issued at reasonable prices - $3.99 is about my upper limit for backlist titles I already own in DTB, but he's such a good author, and many are/were at FW and discountable, that I've picked up a lot of them.

He also has a couple of stand-alone titles which are pretty good, and also discountable (at least some of them) at FW.
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Nice to see these recommendations for Aaron Elkins! I've never read him but I bought the 3 Chris Norgren books and saved the Gideon Oliver ones in my FW wishlist (I could only find 9 on there), with the intention to buy them later if I like the Norgren books (which I'm now thinking I should push further up the TBR pile )
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I'm enjoying the first one - Fellowship of Fear. If the writing continues as good as the first half, I'll have to seriously consider the rest that are available on FW.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Nice to see these recommendations for Aaron Elkins! I've never read him but I bought the 3 Chris Norgren books and saved the Gideon Oliver ones in my FW wishlist (I could only find 9 on there), with the intention to buy them later if I like the Norgren books (which I'm now thinking I should push further up the TBR pile )
Looks like the first 10 of Gideon Oliver books are on FW.

# Fellowship of Fear (1982)
# The Dark Place (1983)
# Murder in the Queen's Armes (1985)
# Old Bones (1987)
# Curses! (1989)
# Icy Clutches (1990)
# Make No Bones (1991)
# Dead Men's Hearts (1994)
# Twenty Blue Devils (1997)
# Skeleton Dance (2000)
Old 08-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Looks like the first 10 of Gideon Oliver books are on FW.

# Fellowship of Fear (1982)
# The Dark Place (1983)
# Murder in the Queen's Armes (1985)
# Old Bones (1987)
# Curses! (1989)
# Icy Clutches (1990)
# Make No Bones (1991)
# Dead Men's Hearts (1994)
# Twenty Blue Devils (1997)
# Skeleton Dance (2000)
Thanks! I was missing Dead Men's Hearts, which seems to have been added after I did up my wishlist
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Thanks picked up quite a few books
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #10
hedy
Enthusiast
hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: eee netbook 10 inch
Thank you again.

Margit
hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
Bev M
Enthusiast
Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.

Device: JetBook Lite
I really like the Gideon Oliver series, too. I have the Norgren ones, but haven't read them yet. I was lucky enough to get them pre-Agency with FW store credit. Thanks for the coupon!
Bev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Looks like they are adding some of the Harlequin Treasury releases.
None yet I have on my wishlist though it gives me hope at 4.99 for a book that has been scanned and OCR and is a backlist title. At least if FW gets them in I can use a coupon. I do hope they go down in price. New HQ titles aren't cheaper then that!

So I grab some of 15% off new release HQ titles. I'd buy more but Smashwords has a few I want and I want to grab the LoveSwept titles now being re-released at 2.99 which I think is a great price.

Spoiler:
2.33 - 1 The Rancher's Daughter [Secure eReader] by Jodi O'Donnell
2.45 - 1 My True Cowboy [Secure eReader] by Shelley Galloway
2.33 - 1 The Bull Rider's Secret [Secure eReader] by Marin Thomas
2.45 - 1 Last Chance Cowboy [Secure eReader] by Cathy McDavid
2.45 - 1 The Baby Wore a Badge [Secure eReader] by Marie Ferrarella
-----
12.01 - Total

2.74 - 1 Renegade with a Badge [Secure eReader] by Claire King
2.23 - 1 Show Her the Money [Whitney "Pink" Pearl Series Book 1] [Secure eReader] by Stephanie Feagan
2.48 - 1 She's On the Money [Whitney "Pink" Pearl Series Book 2] [Secure eReader] by Stephanie Feagan
-----
7.45 - Total

Now if only FW would get in Loved Inspired Suspenses in for July/August.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-10-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote