Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
WendyH
Enthusiast
WendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toys

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
PRS-650 in stock at Sony Style Australia briefly overnight

My husband, daughter and I already have PRS-650s. I got mine mid-November, my daughter in early December and we got my husband's (his Christmas present) just as they ran out. I rang around and got one of the last ones in Sydney for him.

My son has also been wanting to get one so I have been checking every day to see if they were back in stock. Late last night (after midnight) I noticed that the black PRS650 was in stock at Sony Style Australia, the first time since they ran out. I told him to buy it straight away, which he did, and it is being delivered on Monday, February 28. He sent his friend a message to get one as well, and he also managed to order one.

By this morning it said "Limited stock available" and by just after midday they had sold out!

Either huge numbers of people bought them all very quickly, or they didn't have many to start with! What is going on with them? I can't believe this continuing short supply, it seems ridiculous!

The red ones didn't seem to be back in stock at all. The black ones now show "Out of stock" but you can still add them to the cart and they then give you the option to order and they will supply when they get more stock, or they will email you when there are more. The red one still just shows the page but no facility to add them to the cart, and no comment about stock availability.

My son is very thankful I saw they were back in stock and really looking forward to getting his next week. So am I because he bought mine for me (as an early Christmas present) then didn't manage to get one for himself!
Now I will be able to use mine without feeling guilty!

Heaps of people I have told about them want to buy one though, and I have to tell them they are out of stock!
WendyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
MojoMobile
MojoMobile began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 650
I did a search and couldn't see any post on this but I am wondering if it has something to do with Borders and Angus & Robertson being in financial trouble in Oz since they are the primary on-line source for buying eBooks for the Sonys. On a tangent I have been very disappointed with the eBooks on offer from these sites - very limited titles.

Last edited by MojoMobile; 02-21-2011 at 10:09 PM.
MojoMobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
WendyH
Enthusiast
WendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toys

No, it has nothing to do with Borders and A & R, there has been a worldwide shortage of the PRS-650 since December. I haven't bought any books from either site, I buy mine from Kobo. Their prices are in Australian dollars, but even so you get an international conversion fee. It's annoying, but they have a good range and they have specials like $1 off every book or 20 per cent off regularly.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 AM   #4
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
how much is it selling for in Australia?
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
WendyH
Enthusiast

It sells for $299 Australian.
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
WendyH
Enthusiast

The black PRS650 is back in stock again tonight! It says 'Limited stock available'. How weird! It ran out this morning and is back in stock again tonight!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
WendyH
Enthusiast

And even more weird, it was out of stock again by midnight!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
WendyH
Enthusiast

My son's PRS650 has just arrived. It was ordered about midnight Monday and it is here already!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
thenesters
thenesters began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile PRS 650 or PRS900

I have been trying to get one of the above for a few months but I cannot find any place to place an order or even buy if they were available.

Can anyone help...Please..........
The nesters (ron)
thenesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
WendyH
Enthusiast

Whereabouts are you?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #11
readergirl218
Enthusiast
readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (white), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300,
Sony Site U.S had both black and red in stock yesterday and today but right now their reader webpage is offline for updates. I ordered mine yesterday, should ship tomorrow. Good Luck!
readergirl218 is offline   Reply With Quote