Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
StoryBundle: SF/Fantasy DRM-free bundle

http://storybundle.com/

Five books at a "pay what you wish" price, DRM-free. Get two bonus books if you pay $7 or more.

I don't recognise the authors myself. Apparently three are indie authors, and two are back list books from established authors.

It looks like an interesting model. You can even choose the proportion of the price that goes to the authors and to the storybundle site.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Same sales model as the humble bundle indie games use succesfully.

Just for information the pay what you wish is a little misleading, you can not chose $0.00 for instance and there may be a lower limit that you must be above as the transaction costs could be 50 cents.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I bit... if only to support the effort and the model. DRM-free is good. Hopefully at least one of the novels will be decent.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Thumbs up Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I bit... if only to support the effort and the model. DRM-free is good. Hopefully at least one of the novels will be decent.
I, too, support the concept.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
I, too, support the concept.
Same here, just bought it

I have played some truly great indie games I wouldn't otherwise have tried through the Humble Bundle, and definitely want to encourage such initiatives.

It seems that at least three of the books are parts of series, but the bonus (currently for paying $7 or more) comprises sequels to two of them.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
i took advantage of it and paid $7 to get the bonus books.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
Same here, just bought it

I have played some truly great indie games I wouldn't otherwise have tried through the Humble Bundle, and definitely want to encourage such initiatives.

It seems that at least three of the books are parts of series, but the bonus (currently for paying $7 or more) comprises sequels to two of them.
Unless I misread, the bonus books were both second books in a series and the first book was in the main bundle. Only one of the books in the main bundle (The Heretic) was a later book in an existing series. So, you're getting books one and two of the series by Joseph Lallo and Michael Kayatta.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #8
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
the program ended a few days ago and here are the results-

Quote:
In the meantime, I'll leave you with some stats. Readers have purchased more than 3600 bundles and paid more than $30,000! The average bundle price paid was a little over $8, and the vast majority opted into the bonus books to make sure they didn't miss out on the sequels. So thank you all once more for making our inaugural bundle a huge success. It means a lot to us to know that so many of you are as excited as we are about this new way of connecting quality indie authors with eager readers. We'll see you all very soon!
http://storybundle.com/

they're going to be announcing another bundle in the near future.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote