Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #76
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitel View Post
Interesting, thanks. I thought about porting other board games to Kindle, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to do that. BTW I don't know how to play backgammon However, if someone can tune this backgammon project (which uses QT) to include proper graphics, layout and keyboard control on a PC, I can help compile it for qtKindle.

I have it compiled with Qt on Linux from source.

Setting about the required modifications:

Would like some tips on a) adding the required bits and bobs

b) getting it running with qtkindle.

Many many thanks
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #77
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I shuffled my efforts of kindling Backgammon so far onto: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...07#post2172107

Basically I have x-compiler ready and code in eclipse, looking a couple of Qtkindle pointers if anyone has any ideas. Thanks
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #78
twobob

Good news :) It's broken

Good news It's broken

Well. I manged to get this projects build (k3chess) to fail in exactly the same way the backgammon project is failing to x-compile

Code:
ChessBoardView.cpp:1035:24: warning: variable 'piece' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:48:0,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qwidget.h:46,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/QWidget:1,
                 from ChessBoardView.h:4,
                 from ChessBoardView.cpp:1:
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qatomic_i386.h: In destructor 'QString::~QString()':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qatomic_i386.h:132:29: error: impossible constraint in 'asm'
make: *** [ChessBoardView.o] Error 1
Since they fail in exactly the same way I can only conclude it's the same link to qtkindle that is misconfigged, this gives me hope I can get the DEFINES += QT_KEYPAD_NAVIGATION setup once I have this missing piece of the puzzle sorted.

Obviously I need to point qmake to do something more sensible - or possibly just nerf the includes and point at the .so.x's

Any input appreciated as I'm rather at a loss. Will keep on trawling.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #79
jolt
jolt began at the beginning.

Device: K3Keyb 3G
igo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitel View Post
free chess program
Is posible to port gnu go for go player?
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/
jolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #80
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Does anyone know if K3Chess works on the kindle paper white?
Can anyone link me to a beginners guide to installing it?
Does the program affect the battery much?
I don't suppose it can interface to the chess servers?

Thanks
Mike
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #81
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Does anyone know if K3Chess works on the kindle paper white?
there is a Kual extension version
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #82
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
The bizarre thing is I'm quite comfortable in Unix shell, I even write chess programs myself (front end and engine) as a small hobby but I have no clue what I'm supposed to do to install this on my Kindle PW.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #83
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
I have no clue what I'm supposed to do to install this on my Kindle PW.
If you want to use the KUAL extension you should install KUAL then use this extension. Note that it is not the same but similar.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #84
Duke690
Duke690 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NT
Alt+Back workaround for Kinle 4 NT

Hey, greetings from Russia and thanks for a great app.

I've succesfully launched K3Chess on Kindle 4 NT. I'm leaving a short guide for those who need it. This works for jailbroken device (no usb network needed at all):

1) To install cr3runner put the
'install.bin' file and 'qtkindle' folder into your device root folder. Then update your Kindle from the 'settings' menu.
(To uninstall, do the same with the 'uninstall.bin' file).
2) Update your cr3runner by replacing 'cr3runner-2.5.azw2' file in your 'documents' folder with cr3runner-2.6.azw2
3) Install 'k3chess' folder into 'cr3runner' folder, that was created in your device during installation (this is needed to avoid application permissions issues)
4) Replace all text in 'cr3runner/commands.txt' by this line (without quotation marks):
'/mnt/us/cr3runner/k3chess;goqt.sh;K3Chess;Chess'
5) Choose Cr3Runner from your home screen and press the 'Chess' button.
6) Enjoy

However i found it impossible to save in-game before i quit, because my Kindle has no physical keyboard and i can't press the 'Alt+Back' combination.

Please, please make it possible to reassign the quick exit button. I suffer a lot, since I can't read anything without aborting the game.
Duke690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #85
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3 (broken), Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Fire, Kindle 4 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke690 View Post
Hey, greetings from Russia and thanks for a great app.

I've succesfully launched K3Chess on Kindle 4 NT.

However i found it impossible to save in-game before i quit, because my Kindle has no physical keyboard and i can't press the 'Alt+Back' combination.
This problem has been solved in the latest version 0.1.7. There is also a dedicated kindlet that allows to launch K3Chess, so you may give it a try.

K3Chess was updated to work on Kindle 4. Please see the opening post for the instructions and download links.

Last edited by Vitel; 11-02-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Vitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #86
froggy999
froggy999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Installing K3Chess (without launchpad) on Kindle 4 NT I have an error message at update point . can someone help ?

Do I need to jailbreak the device before ?
my current firmware is 4.1.1.

thank you
froggy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #87
gstachow
gstachow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I've got Kindle 4 (B00E) and I can't install the game. When I run "Update Your Kindle" I got a message that the installation was not successful. Kindle restarted automatically after that. Are there any installation logs in Kindle?
gstachow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #88
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Yes the device needs to be Jailbroken AFAIK
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #89
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
if the dev is still active... I installed K3C as the instructions said, but when I select the app it opens a blank screen with a titlebar that says K3Chess. This is on a K4SO.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:34 AM   #90
spook
spook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th gen
Does this still work on a jailbroken Kindle 4?

edit; the version is 4.1.3

Last edited by spook; 01-24-2017 at 08:41 AM.
spook is offline   Reply With Quote