Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #91
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Anyone else find it odd that the blog hasn't been updated since 12th November? Surely a heck of a lot has happened since then that's worth commenting on!
Yep! And I'm wondering just when we'll see an update to version 1.0x. It's been far too long since the last firmware update for a product which is so new and has such usability issues, IMO.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #92
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I'm really hoping for a folder option. Perhaps one that takes advantage of Mobipocket's "Reading Lists" so that I don't have to re-sort all my books.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 04:52 PM   #93
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I'm really hoping for a folder option. Perhaps one that takes advantage of Mobipocket's "Reading Lists" so that I don't have to re-sort all my books.
My prayer is: "From your lips to Bookeen's ears!"

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #94
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I emailed Bookeen about being able to sort ebooks into folders or reading lists and got this reply:

Quote:
The possibility to sort or group books (using reading list or folder support, etc.) has been highly demanded by our customers. We will definitely insert this new feature in a future firmware upgrade (Q1 2008).
Seems like good news to me, even if we will have to wait a while for the solution.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:30 AM   #95
takitano
takitano began at the beginning.

Device: No
1) Folders
2) Manual attitude of contrast and brightness for font and background.

Last edited by takitano; 01-07-2008 at 03:34 AM.
takitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #96
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
1) Folders
2) Pagenumbers
3) switch blend out read books in library
4) show progress in books in library
5) change margins and lineheight
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #97
stefand
stefand began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I just got my Cybook, (late christmas present), and the display is realy amazing. But there are a few points that could be better:

1) Folders
2) Bookmarks for PDFs
3) A function to crop PDFs whitespace
3) Reading Mobipocketbooks in landscape view

In general I would like more functions for PDFs, because I have all books I need for university as pdf file.
stefand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #98
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Oh i forgot. Major issue for me:
0) Give us an option to use the main (center) button to flip to the next page.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 AM   #99
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
1. tags, leading to virtual folders. Also a way to customize your virtual folders, e.g. Author | Series | individual books or Genre | Author | individual books or ...
2. After switch on -> return to page last read
3. List view in library, with options to sort on "last recently read" and sort on "Rating" and "Purchase Date". This would also mean that there should be a way to rate books
4. Remappable buttons
5. Reading while charging

Customizing your virtual tag folders doesn't need to be anything fancy; I don't mind if this would be a power-user option, having to edit an ini-file in the System folder or something. Furthermore, I would propose to use the tag infrastructure already used by Mobipocket; it is already there and can be maintained by using the Mobipocket Reader. Maybe not ideal, but sometimes you have to be practical
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #100
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
1. tags, leading to virtual folders. Also a way to customize your virtual folders, e.g. Author | Series | individual books or Genre | Author | individual books or ...
2. After switch on -> return to page last read
3. List view in library, with options to sort on "last recently read" and sort on "Rating" and "Purchase Date". This would also mean that there should be a way to rate books
4. Remappable buttons
5. Reading while charging

Customizing your virtual tag folders doesn't need to be anything fancy; I don't mind if this would be a power-user option, having to edit an ini-file in the System folder or something. Furthermore, I would propose to use the tag infrastructure already used by Mobipocket; it is already there and can be maintained by using the Mobipocket Reader. Maybe not ideal, but sometimes you have to be practical
Why virtual folders? Why not just support real folders? Seems easier.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #101
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Why virtual folders? Why not just support real folders? Seems easier.
The advantage is that you can have the same file in more than one folder without copying it. But if this lead to a delay in getting folders it is not worth it.
Also you cannot put the tagging functionality in the desktop reader since that program does only work on one operating system family.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #102
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Both NTFS and Lunix support file links in filesystems, so theoretically you could have the same functionality (tags, same file in more than one folder) using only generic filesystem functionality. Only old FAT is missing them.

We'll see what Bookeen comes up with, I guess.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #103
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Both NTFS and Lunix support file links in filesystems, so theoretically you could have the same functionality (tags, same file in more than one folder) using only generic filesystem functionality. Only old FAT is missing them.
I am very tempted to try to reformat my SD card to an ext2 file system to see if it works...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #104
nikolaywld
nikolaywld began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle New Oasis
New features

1. Page numbers while reading
2. progress bar for the Library mode
3. PDF zoom OR better - Reflow
4. Portrait mode for reading
5. Stars like in iPod for
6. Clock
7. May be the guys could open the platform for hacking and tweaking? It will bring some interest and flow. Bring some features to customers too.

Mostly, I love my Cybook.
nikolaywld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #105
Varley
Varley began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
1. The ability to read mobipocket format books from mobipocket.
Varley is offline   Reply With Quote