Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #181
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Ok, I was a little busy, let's debug I start with roger64's bug reports:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
[...] The "Table of Contents" displayed on my Kobo Glo mixes unhappily all h2 and h3 titles without any hierarchical presentation. [...] I am speaking about this EPUB.
Well, since (x)HTML and epub are standards with rules, this seems to me a bug, or more precisely a implementation lacking.
Can you read the first post and give us all the useful informations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
My Kobo Glo enjoys a line-break just before this kind of span, even if before the span there is an nnbsp-;. (narrow non breaking space)
Code:
<span class="Endnoteanchor"><a href="../Text/chap51.xhtml#ftn27" id="bodyftn27">27</a></span>
Also, if I do not wish to see a white gap in the display, I need to use to change super with text-top in the CSS code. I only need to do this for Kobo...

Code:
span.Endnoteanchor {font-weight:bold;font-size:58%;vertical-align:super;}
Can you send us a test document? Or is it the same you posted before?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #182
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Emmmhhhh.... Geco, can you please add a "spoiler" tag to the logs you posted?
I think your bug can't be reproduced, it's better you contact the Kobo customer service.

Ok, PinkET's bugs now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkET View Post
When in Dutch or French dictionary, Definition does not work.
Have you installed the dictionaries using the wifi or the desktop app?
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #183
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Ok, now glezmen and patrik:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glezmen View Post
the web browser can't open links which would open a new page/tab. When you click on the link, nothing happens
I disabled wifi on my router so I can't test, can someone confirm it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
What I do is highlight a small piece of text, works fine. Then another, works fine, etc. But after a while something happens. When I do the highlighting the whole page gets highlighted. This is also true for all text until end of chapter (or probably more accurate end of current (x)html-file inside the epub).

Looking at annotations I see all my highlights _except_ the errornous one.

(I have only used kepubs so far.)
Do you have a test document?
For my experience I know that highlighting have problems with non-ascii character (I think it handles them as they are punctuation) and sometimes it's hard to highlight the final part of a paragraph (hard to reproduce). And highlighting is slow.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #184
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post

Can you send us a test document? Or is it the same you posted before?
Hi,

Thanks for taking care of these things. You'll find occurrences of these bugs in the referenced EPUB.
- For the line-break occurring with a non-breaking thin space, I gave an example of the line where it's occurring but your display - and margins - may vary at this particular point. It could probably be reproduced by spotting this line and then squeezing the text (by reducing the margin for example).
- For the white gap occuring between two lines, it can be reproduced changing the text-top value (in place) with super in the CSS.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #185
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

What's the page number and the file?

PS: it's not related, but I got this error using epubcheck:

Quote:
ERROR: Les Liaisons dangereuses.epub/OEBPS/Text/chap51.xhtml(109,96): 'bodyftn48': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Text/chap48.xhtml'
PPS: I must read "The dangerous liaisons" someday

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 07-07-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #186
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Ok, now Amaterasu88 and Rev. Bob:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu88 View Post
I have a Kobo Glo and update it to 2.6.1 today, the problem with refresh in zoomed PDF an E-comic remains for me, but much less agressive than 2.5.1, while you hold the page to scroll, remains only one residual image. It disaperars after relese the screen, after the auto refresh.
If I understand well, there's some residuals while you scroll the page, but when you finish the scroll the page refreshes, right? If so, this seems to me not a bug, but a trick to speed up scrolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
A bug from previous firmware versions is still around. The steps I've taken that replicate it on my Glo:

1. Start a book. (In my case, a sideloaded EPUB in internal memory.)
2. Power down. Observe the cover and progress stats.
3. Add some more sideloaded books to the library by connecting the Kobo to your computer and copying the files over. (I added 5 EPUBs - again, internal memory. Note that Calibre is not involved.)
4. Eject, disconnect, and let the Kobo detect the new books.
5. Use the Library menu to add the sideloaded books to the proper shelves.
6. Dismiss the newly-added tiles from the home screen.
7. Power down. Observe the lack of cover and stats.

Once I reopen the book, the cover appears as it should - but I shouldn't have to do that; my "last read" book shouldn't change until/unless I open a different book.
Since the bug was confirmed by another user, now please read the first post and give us all the other useful informations (Firmware and Plugins), so I can add it

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 07-07-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #187
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Since the bug was confirmed by another user, now please read the first post and give us all the other useful informations (Firmware and Plugins), so I can add it
No plugins or other external software. Using firmware 2.6.1b on a Glo.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #188
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Added to confirmed bugs. Please consider also to contact customer service (see first post)

Product: Glo
Firmware: 2.6.1b
Plugins: none
File types: epub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Sideloaded
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start a book.
  3. Sideload some more books (say 5).
  4. Power down.
Current result: There's no cover and stats. This does not happens for all epubs all the time.
Expected result: There should be cover and stats of first book (the last opened one).
Workaround: Reopen the book.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 07-09-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #189
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

@Bob: step #4 is needed? How do you perform step #5 and what if you don't do it?

Ok, the last but not the least, robvarga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvarga View Post
I have a Kobo Aura HD with firmware 2.5.2. It is not able to boot up with a SD card (16GB) containing a few hundred (ok, maybe a thousand) books, startup freezes for hours (I did not wait until it finished, I reset after a few hours).
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is a known problem with 2.5.2. [...] In any case, it has been drastically improved in 2.6.1. There is still a delay, but it is only a few minutes.
Well, it seems too much for me. This happens every time or only the first time you add the books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvarga View Post
I cannot read RTF books, it comes up having a single empty page (or sometimes some title page), and cannot read it at all, displays a white screen, page change mode says page 1 of 1.
I can confirm it, I created some times ago a very simple RTF with LibreOffice to test it and it does not even added it in Library. I'll add my informations, since my firmware is older.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 07-08-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #190
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Well, it seems too much for me. This happens every time or only the first time you add the books?
It was whenever the device was powered on with an SD card in it. I got worse with either a bigger card or more books on the card. Or possibly a combination of both. With 2.5.2, I think my touch was taking 20 minutes with a 2GB card and 1400 books. Someone reported with a bigger card, it was taking a lot longer and thought it had frozen. He left if overnight and it did finish.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #191
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Well, in theory, once the informations about books are loaded in db and other data files, SD card should be handled as fast as the internal card. I'll add this bug too, I need your or robvarga's infos about your Kobos (first post as usual ).
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #192
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
  1. Start a book.
  3. Sideload some more books (say 5).
  4. Use the Library menu to add the sideloaded books to the proper shelves.
  5. Dismiss the newly-added tiles from the home screen.
  6. Power down.
Quote:
@Bob: step #4 is needed? How do you perform step #5 and what if you don't do it?
Step 4 is probably not required; I included it because that's the process I go through. Ditto for step 5, which you do with a long-press on each tile you want to dismiss. This pops up a short menu, and "Dismiss" is one of the available options. It's great for getting rid of all those pesky "you just added this book" tiles. (If I just added 15 books, I neither need nor want a new tile for each one!)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #193
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Step 4 is probably not required; I included it because that's the process I go through. Ditto for step 5, which you do with a long-press on each tile you want to dismiss. This pops up a short menu, and "Dismiss" is one of the available options. It's great for getting rid of all those pesky "you just added this book" tiles. (If I just added 15 books, I neither need nor want a new tile for each one!)
Ah, but if you dismiss them it just leaves room for adding more the next time you add books. My policy is to ignore the tiles and hope that they will get bored and go home.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #194
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

It's a wise policy.

PS @Rev. Bob: ok I removed steps 4 and 5.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #195
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I don't know if it's been previously reported, but I have encountered a (some) bug(s).

Product: Glo
Firmware: 2.6.1 (17/06/2013)
Plugins: none
File types: epub
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: sideloaded
On external SD: yes
Steps to reproduce:
1. start the device

Current result:
on the Home screen, I can only see a Kobo book that I started and the last shelves I created (with books on the SD card). The last book I was reading (sideloaded epub on SD card) doesn't show.
workaround : open the library, search the book and open it, then go back to home screen, the book is back, but as soon as the device shuts down, and you start it again, the same thing happens (it's now with 3 different books, so I don't think it's book-related).

And another one : the font still changes with every knew chapter (get bigger).

And another : I can't remove the page number in the right margin even if the box is not checked in the parameters...

Any way to workaround ?
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app