Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
My ALP Battery

I got my ALP about 10 months ago. Lately the battery has been giving me only about 8 hours of reading time. I sent a ticket into aluratek. They sent me back reset instructions and said if the battery kept getting worse to send them a copy of my recept and they would send me a RMA. The battery has gotten worse. I sent them an email copy of the receipt about 10 days ago. No response yet from Aluratek.

I was wondering if anyone here had any inside info on who to contact at Aluratek. I am wondering if I am going to have to try to find a battery myself and try to replace it myself.

Thanks for any help you can give
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I have seen batteries for the ALP/JB on ebay but they usually want around $30. I have had my ALP about the same amount of time and have noticed a decrease in battery life but it still gives me about 14-16 hours.

I would open a new ticket with all the info from the first (or linking the first). Aluratek doesn't seem to respond to second posts in tickets unless they were posted very soon after the response.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks MR. Pockets I will try the new ticket Idea. I have seen the new batteries too. I will go that way is Aluratek does no come through.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It's too bad that we are not talking about a jetBook Lite, an ~$9-$11 set of four
rechargeable AA batteries are lasting between 30 and 40 hours of reading time,
according to recent posts.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
Gardenman
Wizard

If I do not get Aluratek to do things right, I might just have to think about a jetbook lite
Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Gardenman
Wizard

Update on my battery problem. The battery has gotten worse and worse. Aluratek would not answer any tickets about needing to send my APL in for repair. I had to call them today. They gave me an RMA while I was on the phone with them. I just wanted to let everyone know if you need to send something back to Aluratek -- Call them.