Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #76
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_uk View Post
Depending on the angle I'm holding the reader, the green light flashing before and after every page turn can get old pretty quickly - nobody else has mentioned this. An option to turn it off when not charging would help with concentrating on reading rather than constant reminders that I'm staring at a hard-working box of tricks.
I am personally very happy to see the lights that way I know my reader is working correctly and is not having problems.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #77
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Make this thread sticky?

Would it be possible to get one of the Moderators to make this thread sticky in the Astak forum? It seems appropriate.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #78
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis_uk View Post
Depending on the angle I'm holding the reader, the green light flashing before and after every page turn can get old pretty quickly - nobody else has mentioned this. An option to turn it off when not charging would help with concentrating on reading rather than constant reminders that I'm staring at a hard-working box of tricks.
So it is not just me
I only found it a issue in low background lighting situations.
But the real question is why does it need to point at the user and not near the USB and SD connectors, where it might show useful status for those device operations.
Am I missing uses other than Battery charge and download status?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #79
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
The light is used to indicate that the processor is functional and that operations are happening. I am seen it solid red when my reader was hung up. More or less it is an indication other than the screen that your reader is functioning.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #80
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Yes, I've slowly scanned my favorite pb's for the past 10 or so years. Most of the books are ones I read over and over, and are out of print. I don't expect them to be produced as ebooks, and it will be decades before they are out of copyright.

Now I have my PEZ I can read again, as my eyesight has deteriorated so I can easily read from pb's. I've been reading on my old 1st gen flat screen monitor which is VERY hard on the eyes.

I am thrilled with my PEZ, I've had no problems at all, except the peeling, which I've taken care of.

My apologies, but I don't know what "O_O" means.

AJ

BTW, I DO NOT make my scanned books available to anyone but myself. I do not cheat the author in any way. Most of the ones I'm scanning, the author is dead.

PS I'm originally from Houston also.
O_O is just a different emoticon.

Scanning books sounds, kind of awesome. I hope it's a hand scanner. I only thought about flatbed scanners at first, and I've tried scanning a text book that way and it was horrible. I wanted to put on my USB key. I quit after a few pages. Luckily the pdf was on the CD we bought with book. I'll have to put that on my reader when it comes.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #81
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
My first scanner was a handheld scanner, this was in the late 1980's. It was impossible to scan a book with it as you had to maintain a consistent speed or the letters stretched!!?!?!?

Then I had a flat bed, dedicated scanner which I could scan and "drag and drop" to my word processor. That worked great. Yes I have to hold the book flat, but recently I realized if I am going to scan and only use the ebooks, I don't mind bending the spine on my pb's. But this scanner did not upgrade to my Vista.

Now I have an "all-in-one" printer/scanner. It will scan multi-page pdf's (which my last flat bed would not do.) Though I can't "drag and drop" once I have a multi page pdf, i.e., a chapter, I "read" it into my WordPerfect word processor, at essentially 100% accuracy. Once I have all the book "read" in, I then just fix indentations, Headings, dashes to em-dashes, etc. And I am set.

Yes, a lot of work, but the books I'm doing this to are not available as ebooks, and I WANT THEM BAD, so I do the work.....

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #82
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Date format

I've added another entry to the "wish list" at the top of this thread:

An OPTION to display the file dates in the menus in a variety of cultural formats, other than just DD-MM-YYYY.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #83
ekaser
Opinion Artiste

HTML file viewer

Is it just me, or does the HTML file viewer in the Pocket Pro REALLY suck? I've tried a variety of ways in test files to get it to display bold and/or italics text with no luck. Used both 'span' and 'i' and 'b' blocks.

[EDIT] NOTE: I've also tried selecting different system fonts, which the HTML viewer uses to display the text, both Times-Roman and Tahoma, to no effect. I also tried a user-supplied font in all 4 'types' (normal, bold, italic, bold-italic), and it was even worse for the double-quote stuff below, as they didn't show at all!.[END EDIT]

Further, if you use 'fancy' left- and right-double-quotes (“ and ”, that is, "ampersand-pound-8220-semicolon" and "ampersand-pound-8221-semicolon) characters, it insists on putting a significant space after the left-quote and before the text it's quoting.

Is there something I'm missing that needs to go in the header? Or is the Pocket Pro HTML viewer program as worthless as it looks?

Last edited by ekaser; 10-02-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #84
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
how about making a uservoice website for
astak as with so many requests if all the users can vote on the options
Robert would know what options are most needed and they could prioritize them better plus we can also get answers about what is going to be implemented and what is not possible
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #85
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
Is there something I'm missing that needs to go in the header? Or is the Pocket Pro HTML viewer program as worthless as it looks?
Perhaps they should take HTML and LIT off the list of supported filetypes? *Blink*
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #86
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Perhaps they should take HTML and LIT off the list of supported filetypes? *Blink*
Yeah, re-announce them when they are working.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 AM   #87
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Yeah, re-announce them when they are working.
Very few people complain about html and lit as
99% of us convert them with calibre to a format of their choice I use epub personally.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #88
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Very few people complain about html and lit as
99% of us convert them with calibre to a format of their choice I use epub personally.
I might have to change the format of the one I got. Haven't played much with calibre yet. Shame I know.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #89
Joe999
Joe999 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ-Reader Pocket Pro
I would love a go to page option in the folder directories (similiar to the one in books).
I have a large number of documents on my EZ Reader and it would be nice if i didnt have to scroll thru 30 pages to get to the document on the last page.
Joe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #90
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe999 View Post
I would love a go to page option in the folder directories (similiar to the one in books).
I have a large number of documents on my EZ Reader and it would be nice if i didnt have to scroll thru 30 pages to get to the document on the last page.
I know you can hold the PAge Forward button to jump 10 pages.

You 'might' be able to go from page 1, hit "Prev Page" button and go the the last page, but I don't have my PEZ to check.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote