Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
Beck
Beck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HD Fire
Unhappy Error Communicating with device (Mac to Kindle HD Fire)

I have used Calibre without any problem up until last night when I kept getting an error message when I tried to send books to my Kindle HD Fire.

So far I have

Updated to the newest version of Calibre

Installed the iOs reader applications plug in

Restarted both my computer and kindle (normal and hard for the kindle)

Tried a different USB cable and the alternative port on my computer

I've tried it with multiple and single books as well as different books in case it was a particular file

And I've been searching for the last 2 hours to find an answer online but failing at that I'm starting a new thread.

Unfortunately, none of this has seems to have helped I would greatly appreciate if anybody could help/suggest some other things I could do to try and fix it!

calibre, version 2.10.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to (u'Internal storage',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: LIBMTP_Send_File_From_Handler(): Could not send object.
2:Error 2002: PTP: General Error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 502, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 208, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 180, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 170, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 24, in synchronizer
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 375, in put_file
DeviceError: Failed to upload file named: driveinfo.calibre to (u'Internal storage',): 2:PTP Layer error 2002: LIBMTP_Send_File_From_Handler(): Could not send object.
2:Error 2002: PTP: General Error
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error sending a specific file to the device. It may be that the device has too many files/folders in its root folder. I suggest using the Adroid File Transfer program for Mac to delete some files/folders from the root folder on the device and see if that helps.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
Beck

Brilliant! Thank you so much
Old 11-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #4
Beck

Ok, I tried deleting files from the root folder, I also deleted extra apps I had dwnloaded to my Kindle and installed the Clean Master app to try and clean the memory, it's telling me I'm only using 1.46GB out of 11.48GB. I'm still getting the same error message in Calibre when I try to send books to my device.

I don't know if it's relevant but when I click into my device on Calibre, the books on my Kindle aren't showing up either.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If that didn't help then I dont know of anything else that might help, short of doing a hard reset of your Fire.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
Beck

I restored it to factory settings and that fixed whatever the issue was! Thanks again for your help!

Tags
communication error, kindle hd, mac