Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
How to remove appended column name from collection name on PRS-T1?

Hi,

Due to the Sony Reader for PC software finally deciding not to transfer all my books and collections, I've made the switch over to using Calibre to sync up my books.

In Calibre, I have a custom column (#collection) set up to create collections on my Sony PRS-T1. However, on the reader, each collection name is appended with "(Collection)".

It's a minor annoyance, but is there any way of stopping Calibre / my ereader from appending (what I assume is) the custom column name used to create the collection? I've googled, but couldn't see anything relating to this. Maybe my google-fu is weak?

E.g. instead of seeing "Random Books (Collection)", ideally I just want to see "Random Books".

Thanks!
Boneist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:12 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is a tweak called "sony_collection_renaming_rules" that sets the name. The tweaks are in the preferences. The tweaks contain descriptions about how to set them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
Boneist
Enthusiast

Aha, thanks! I'll give that a go. *{:-)
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 AM   #4
Boneist
Enthusiast

Thanks - I managed to get it to work in the end (it took me waaay too long to work out how to get the changes to the tweak to actually save, let alone working out the right syntax to use. And a space in the wrong place caused the collection name to duplicate! I may have pulled out a handful of hair or two... *{;-) )