I'm totally stupid with command line
and I can't work it out from the gui
I use win xp
mazzeltjes
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
From the GUI what you do is to go through and hand enter the metadata for each book.

Then you select all the books you want to convert and click on Convert Books. It then goes through and converts them all one at a time. Not really batch-convert, but it does automate the process somewhat.

You can't select the Batch Convert option, however, because it hasn't been enabled yet.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Oke,that's a shit load of work
guess I'll wait 'till it's implemented then
thanx for the advice

anyone know when this is gonna be
Old 02-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure it can be -- how will title / author /author-sort info be entered for each book, if you don't do it manually? It's not like files will all have this data in clearly recognizable areas so that the program can generate it automatically.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
It's not like files will all have this data in clearly recognizable areas so that the program can generate it automatically.
That's exactly what the LIT and LRF formats (and several others I believe) have... though I'm guessing he's talking about PDF or TXT files, which are a problem...
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 AM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I'm not sure it can be -- how will title / author /author-sort info be entered for each book, if you don't do it manually? It's not like files will all have this data in clearly recognizable areas so that the program can generate it automatically.
Unless you're naming your files to a particular scheme, which you can parse to obtain the meta-data, e.g. "Drake, David - RCN 01 - With the Lightnings.lit".

With that, something like the following can parse the name...
Code:
dash = file.find(' - ')
if dash != -1:
    fileAuthor = file[:dash]
    dash = file.rfind(' - ')  # Search back to allow for series seperators
    fileTitle  = file[dash+3:-4]

Last edited by gwynevans; 02-12-2008 at 04:26 AM.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:46 AM   #7
dhbailey
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Unless you're naming your files to a particular scheme, which you can parse to obtain the meta-data, e.g. "Drake, David - RCN 01 - With the Lightnings.lit".
It took me a moment or two to figure out that you're suggesting the addition of that small snippet of code to the actual libprs500 application, so that it can generate the meta-data itself from the file name, assuming that the files have been named using a predetermined pattern.

Cool -- I hadn't thought of that! With file-renaming applications, that should be easy enough to incorporate (although I say it as a person who is lost beyond programming in BASIC, so it may be a lot harder than I think).
Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When I finally get around to implementing the recursive import feature, it will allow the user to specify a pattern for filenames which it will use as a fallback for getting metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #9
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
David Robbins - Blade 6 - Crusher Strike.pdf J:\eMule\Incoming\Science Fiction and Fantasy 13130 update 3\David Robbins - Blade 6 - Crusher Strike.pdf
David Robbins - Blade 7 - Terror Strike.pdf J:\eMule\Incoming\Science Fiction and Fantasy 13130 update 3\David Robbins - Blade 7 - Terror Strike.pdf

This is the example of the way I've got them named and filed
not necesarily pdf's
I used pdftolrf on these pdf's in bulk
and the batch conversion worked great
13500 books in 2 months
so if it's possible with pdftolrf
why not with libprs????

@dhbailey I wish I could work in basic

is there a manual how to work with the command line
I'm a point and clicker????

Last edited by mazzeltjes; 02-12-2008 at 09:28 AM.