Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #31
cybermaus
cybermaus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Well, I agree the bezel glare is not a smart design move.

Rather than taking it apart, I just protected the screen with paper and 3M magic tape, also the buttons and non-glare black above them, and I sanded the bezel down while still attached.

Maybe not as smooth-silk as toothpaste, but it did the job for me.
cybermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #32
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
Cool Used tape to get rid of that annoying glare

I used scotch magic invisible tape to mask that nasty glare. I'm willing to wait a year till warranty is over, than I'll take it apart and sand it down.

These are my result: (I only had my old mobile phone on me, so the photo quality is not so good).

First test to see how masking tape performs

(larger)

Fully applied. Not perfect, but it's good enough for me. Wish I had a better camera.

(larger)

Close-up.

(larger)
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
You're braver than me!

I just ordered a silicone cover, which should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I would've ordered a DecalGirl skin, but I couldn't justify the cost (DecalGirl's are four times the price of the silicone cover), and this should be much easier to "install".
I thought about it too, but being in Argentina they don´t ship it here. I´m trying to get a local skin developer to make one for the T1 to no avail...
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Thanks for the information on URL's. It's so simple when you know how. Now how do I make it look nice instead of the acutal link?

This is the bundle I'm considering:

http://www.amazon.com/iShoppingdeals...ecc_rvi_cart_1
I use my iPod mobile charger to charge the T1... If you don´t have one is a good choice, but if you do, don´t bother with the extra charge...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #35
susaz
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domas View Post
I used scotch magic invisible tape to mask that nasty glare. I'm willing to wait a year till warranty is over, than I'll take it apart and sand it down.

These are my result: (I only had my old mobile phone on me, so the photo quality is not so good).

First test to see how masking tape performs

(larger)

Fully applied. Not perfect, but it's good enough for me. Wish I had a better camera.

(larger)

Close-up.

(larger)
A really wonderful solution, cheap and easy!
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by susaz View Post
I use my iPod mobile charger to charge the T1... If you don´t have one is a good choice, but if you do, don´t bother with the extra charge...
Unfortunately I don't have any chargers that will work. I didn't want to spend $25 for the Sony charger so I'm really hoping this one will work. The car charger is just a bonus.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #37
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The red doesn't have a glare problem.
Mine does. =/
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote