Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Smashwords July Summer/Winter Sale 2011

It's that time again! Smashwords is having their annual July Summer/Winter sale. Lots of freebies and bargains. It runs for the whole month of July so be sure to check back periodically for new additions.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks for the heads up. Right now not much there but I'm hoping it grows. It be great to see some back list titles added.

Some I came across in a quick look.
Patricia Watters - Master Touch - Free
Andrea Parnell - 50% off Novels and 1 Novella free.
Emma Daniels - 50% off
Katie Salidas - 50% 0ff
Patricia Ryan - Silken Threads - Free

I own most of these from buying them as I found them and Emma Daniels last time gave her titles away in RAEW.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Just what I need right now, for Smashwords to have a sale. *sigh* At least it's just after payday
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sure it will grow. I don't know why they don't advertise this sale in advance. Silly Smashwords.

I found Katie's most recent Immortalis book and added that one to my cart I'm going through "My Library" and checking all my wishlist books to see if they are on sale.

I wonder if it would be okay to start a thread in the Self-Promotion forum so all the MR authors participating in the Smashwords sale can let us know and post links to their books.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish View Post
I wonder if it would be okay to start a thread in the Self-Promotion forum so all the MR authors participating in the Smashwords sale can let us know and post links to their books.
Good idea
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
mish
Addict

Anyone know a back door way to filter the list to see only the most recently added books to the sale? The catalog is sorted by original release date so if something new gets added to the sale catalog it could be pages and pages into the catalog if it is an older book. Hard to see what was added today vs. what was already there yesterday. As the sale catalog grows, it gets even harder to find the stuff that wasn't there before.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would just be happy with a list of authors participating in the sale.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
mish
Addict

Yeah, that would be helpful too. SW really needs to put more focus on making the site buyer-friendly. Can't buy the books if I can't find them!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

May McGoldrick is 50% off her books. They run at 6.99 a book. So if you ever wanted her books now is the time to get them.

These all free with coupon there was more but I already bought them.
These are Romances mostly.

The Wrong Husband
Branded
The Price of Innocence
Bid for a Bride
To His Lady's Rescue (Historical Regency Romance)
Return of the Aliens
Texan Undercover (Romantic Suspense)
Married to the MIB

Last edited by Blossom; 07-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Wow! I've only ever used Smashwords when sent directly there for a specific author/book by a review, or an author's blog, or a forum post, or something like that. So I've never really tried to use their website much.

I just did try to use it, and at least for this sale, it's even worse than Kobo's!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
May McGoldrick is 50% off her books. They run at 6.99 a book. So if you ever wanted her books now is the time to get them.
Thanks for the tip - picked all of McGoldrick's books with the 50% coupon, great deal!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Welcome!

I just found out Camille By Tess Oliver is free with coupon!
I bought this one a long time ago on Amazon.

TROUBLE IN PARADISE By Carol Grace Free without coupon.
Another amazon purchase for me. lol

Bridleton By Becky Barker Free without coupon.

Out of Time By Monique Martin Free without coupon.
This one was on my wishlist.

Last edited by Blossom; 07-03-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Is there anyway to delete books off my "books youve purchased" list? There are 2 books i got from this that i wish i could forget i ever wasted time on it.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Is there anyway to delete books off my "books youve purchased" list? There are 2 books i got from this that i wish i could forget i ever wasted time on it.
No there isn't. You only remove books from your library but not the purchase list.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No there isn't. You only remove books from your library but not the purchase list.
Boo. Well lesson learned, no random downloading lol.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote