Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil 0.4.0 betas

The first beta of 0.4.0 is now out. More details in the related blog post.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Great, trying to build it now.

A side note, the file name is Sigil-0.4.0β1-Code.zip ? that's intentional or a typo? (I'd rather it's b1 so that I don't have to rename the file ).
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's intentional. The "β" character is the Greek letter "beta".
Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Downloaded and posted a first issue. Something strange happens in the split files sequence in the Book Browser. I split with ctrl+enter.

Last edited by Toxaris; 03-20-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
It's intentional. The "β" character is the Greek letter "beta".
(Yes, I know it's a Greek letter).

No problem, I'll just rename the zip file as that character bothers rpm-build.
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Windows XP
An old issue has cropped up again:

Splitting a file, moving to another file and splitting that, loses the proper place (section0003 ended up at the end of the list when it was part of a multiple split from one of the first chapter section

Last edited by theducks; 08-16-2012 at 08:30 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the issue I logged. It seems that when I create a new file, it goes just above the one that is open in the window.
Another one is that search in all files does not always work. I get the message that it is not found when I am sure it is there. If I go to the file and search, I do find it.

Last edited by Toxaris; 03-21-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:51 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard

Another very annoying one. I first thought it was me... I saved a file last night and opened it today. Some files missing. Hmm. Made changes and saved it again. Again two files missing. No clue in why though...
It were the last two files I worked on.

It also garbles up the content.opf and the toc.ncx. Files are mentioned twice (or more). Regenerating the toc does not help.

I edited the content.opf by hand by setting the sequence right. I usually rename the section000x.xhtml to something like chap0x.xhtml. The id's in the content.opf were totally off. Usually the old names. Therefore multiple Section0001.xhtml existed. I think that is where the trouble starts...

Last edited by Toxaris; 03-21-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #9
Toxaris
Wizard

And another issue. I set in the meta editor the following fields: Title, Author, language and ISBN. Upon validation I get the following errors:
The "scheme" attribute is not an allowed attribute of the <identifier> element.
The "role" attribute is not an allowed attribute of the <creator> element.

And indeed, Sigil put in the following information in the opf:
<dc:identifier scheme="ISBN">9029013303</dc:identifier>
<dc:creator role="aut">Jack Vance</dc:creator>

I would expect:
<dc:identifier opf:scheme="ISBN">9029013303</dc:identifier>
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Jack Vance</dc:creator>

If I add the "opf:", validation goes right.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
Valloric

Everyone, please, report the issues on the tracker. That's what it's for.

Thank you.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #11
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Another very annoying one. I first thought it was me... I saved a file last night and opened it today. Some files missing. Hmm. Made changes and saved it again. Again two files missing. No clue in why though...
It were the last two files I worked on.
Try to make that reproducible, then report it on the tracker.

Quote:
It also garbles up the content.opf and the toc.ncx. Files are mentioned twice (or more). Regenerating the toc does not help.
Same thing. Make it reproducible, report on tracker.

Quote:
I edited the content.opf by hand by setting the sequence right. I usually rename the section000x.xhtml to something like chap0x.xhtml. The id's in the content.opf were totally off. Usually the old names. Therefore multiple Section0001.xhtml existed. I think that is where the trouble starts...
The ID's can be anything, as long as they're unique. I don't update them when you rename your files. Their content doesn't matter.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #12
Valloric

Quote:
Another one is that search in all files does not always work. I get the message that it is not found when I am sure it is there. If I go to the file and search, I do find it.
Again,
  1. take the file,
  2. go to the tracker,
  3. write a procedure that reproduces this bug,
  4. upload the file,
  5. press "submit".
Then it can get fixed.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #13
Toxaris
Wizard

You are fast! I entered a issue and could not find it a few minutes later, because it is fixed in an revision! Good work!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #14
Valloric

Second beta is now online.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
At first check seems much better.

BTW: Has anyone else noticed a significant slowing of the download of Calibre and Sigil from Google? It took 15 min to download beta 2.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote