Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #61
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua.P View Post
So is there any way to fix this?
Possibly, if you could give some specific examples of this problem. I.e. where exactly did you notice it and what kind of Kindle do you have?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #62
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight
Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Ok. I have the kindle 3. Well you can see it most during speech. So search for "Poor devil" and it'll bring you to a paragraph of speech, and then you can see that the indents aren't the same. I've viewed it on calibre as well. You can basically find it anywhere.
Joshua.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #63
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok. I have the kindle 3. Well you can see it most during speech. So search for "Poor devil" and it'll bring you to a paragraph of speech, and then you can see that the indents aren't the same. I've viewed it on calibre as well. You can basically find it anywhere.
I just looked at my copy and couldn't find any problems. The indents may appear to be different because one of the paragraphs starts with a quotation mark and the other doesn't, but that's the same in printed books and ebooks.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #64
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Opened it with Mobipocket Reader for PC and couldn't find a problem either. Looks all okay.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #65
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight
Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, they're definitely different sized indents. I don't know what your talking about. I've compared it with different ebooks and paperbacks even though I didn't need to, and somethings obviously wrong. But if no one else can see it I don't know what I can do about it. Sorry for wasting your time.
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #66
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight

Hey if any one else has this problem I fixed it. Just enable heuristic processing for indents.

Last edited by Joshua.P; 04-28-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Well, they're definitely different sized indents. I don't know what your talking about. I've compared it with different ebooks and paperbacks even though I didn't need to, and somethings obviously wrong. But if no one else can see it I don't know what I can do about it. Sorry for wasting your time.
Can you post a photograph of the screen illustrating the problem, please?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #68
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight

Okey dokey. Look for the difference between "poor devil" and "looking". Its only a minor difference tho.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot at 2012-04-28 16:29:43.png
Views:	507
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	85801  
Old 04-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #69
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight

So am I crazy?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #70
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So am I crazy?
No, but you discovered an interesting Calibre bug, because the same page looks OK on an actual Kindle.
You may want to inform the Calibre people about this.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	holmes.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	85803  
Old 04-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #71
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight

Oh ok. Glad that's cleared up.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #72
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I bet it's because indents are done with a group of " ". In some readers, the   does not stretch with justification, but it's possible it does in others.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I bet it's because indents are done with a group of " ". In some readers, the   does not stretch with justification, but it's possible it does in others.
Are they? I thought I was using "width=1em" for indents in the Sherlock Holmes. I've started doing that in my more recent books. If I'm not doing that with the Holmes, I'll make sure that I do so when I next update it.

Last edited by HarryT; 04-28-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #74
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't know, it was just a bet
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've just checked and you're right - the indentation is done with spaces. These days I prefer to do it with "width=" (it's more consistent across devices) so I'll make sure that I change it when I next do an update.