Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
How can you get FBreader180 on the 301+

I am trying to get at the FBreader advanced menu on the PB301+. Apparently it is not present as it is on my PB360.
Is it possible to flash 360 firmware (FBreader180) on the 301+? Is there any other way to get FBreader180 firmware on the 301+?

Thanks - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I am trying to get at the FBreader advanced menu on the PB301+. Apparently it is not present as it is on my PB360.
Is it possible to flash 360 firmware (FBreader180) on the 301+? Is there any other way to get FBreader180 firmware on the 301+?
You have to install FBreader180 directly. It is not part of official firmware.

Get it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...16#post1111016
or, there is different version here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...814#post944814

I think those should work with 301
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You have to install FBreader180 directly. It is not part of official firmware.

Get it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...16#post1111016
or, there is different version here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...814#post944814

I think those should work with 301
Thanks kacir,
I have it on the 301 but have lost the ADE. A long press on the book title gives me two choices; fbreader180 and fbreader. If I select fbreader180 I get a message that says "cannot start program". If I select fbreader it starts up with all the features of fbreader180.

I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards - John
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Thanks kacir,
I have it on the 301 but have lost the ADE. A long press on the book title gives me two choices; fbreader180 and fbreader. If I select fbreader180 I get a message that says "cannot start program". If I select fbreader it starts up with all the features of fbreader180.

I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I finally got it figured out and as usual I made it twice as difficult as it really is.

I am sending along a zip file composed of three files: fbreader.app (latest version I could find - V.11.2), extensions.cfg and update notes. After installing, a long press on a book, will show the fbreader as the first choice and adobe viewer as second choice. This works on both the PB301+ and the PB360.

This is all other peoples work, but I can't remember who to credit. But I wanted to put everything together in one place for anyone who wants to update their FBreader.

Regards - John
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreader.zip (481.0 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by Jabby; 02-25-2011 at 09:30 PM.