Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thumbs up Just wanted to say Thank you

I just wanted to tell all of you writers "THANK YOU"

Since getting my ereader and finding numerous ebook sites online, I have come across some reads that I would have never heard of otherwise. Some listed here, a lot through Smashwords, manybooks.net, ect. I have been pleasantly surprised that many of the books I have downloaded, most of them free and others so far under 3$, that they have been far better than the books I have paid much more money for in stores! Several ebooks left me disappointed when the story came to an end. Not because the story was bad, but because they have been so good that I didn't want them to end.

So thank you for sharing your work with us. I wish all of you success and many happy downloads of your work
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
What a very nice post to the Authors on MR, SimonSays!

I was, also, pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading books by indie authors. Moejoe's writing inspired me to add the short story genre to my collection, the beautifully formatted ebooks on MR enticed me to read some of the less well-known classics, and, well, the continued participation of the authors in the forums reminded me to check out their books.

So, I've become a big supporter of indie authors (You'd never guess by looking at my signature ). I don't have enough room in my signature to include everyone, so I am working on a MR listing.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #3
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Have I told you, dreams, that you're my hero?
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
This could be one of the most important benefits of ebook readers.........the ability to read authors you would never be exposed to otherwise.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Thanks Right Back At You

As one of the many writers who have had the opportunity to share his work with a much wider circle of readers than I might ever have thought possible, may I say Thank You to all of the readers who have taken a chance on Boomerang.

Much appreciated.

Alan

plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what a nice idea for a thread, simon. i'll add my thanks. i've also had many many hours of happiness reading the various authors i've discovered here, and i thank all of them for sharing their work with us. especially moejoe, he's my favourite.

also, i think dreams is the hero of a *lot* of people. including me.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Here here, Simon!
Mobileread has been a wonderful forum. I get to speak to people that live in countries I'll never be able to travel to as if they were standing right beside me. It may be an awfully big world, but we ALL love to read!
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #8
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Thank you for your kind words. =)

I also wanted to throw in a congratulations to our MR authors

Dead(ish)
Union of Renegades
Metagames
Hero Wanted

All are in the top 100 on B/N's SF/F best sellers list =)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
As one of the many writers who have had the opportunity to share his work with a much wider circle of readers than I might ever have thought possible, may I say Thank You to all of the readers who have taken a chance on Boomerang.

Much appreciated.

Alan

What Alan said.

The support from MR readers has been fantastic!

alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Glad you are enjoying the ereading experience!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote