Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
EZ Reader also available at NewEgg

I just discovered that the EZ Reader is also available from NewEgg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858242001 It's a little pricey from them, but it is a second supplier. I thought Fry's was the only site carrying EZ Readers. More reader sources is GOOD! They also carry the jetBook.
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
I got mine from www.astak.com. It was $270 or so with shipping. So with Frys, that'd make three.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Moo Strength
Moo Strength began at the beginning.

Device: Astek EZ Reader
Is the version sold from their website directly going to be any different in terms of ROM OS version or feature set versus the version that Newegg sells? I am looking at buying this reader and I'm down to choosing between this or the 5" version on Newegg. Any help would be appreciated.
Moo Strength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
The one from astak had the latest ROM version that was available from them. From what I have read, you can put any ROM version from any of the vendors. The astak one is the 6" one. I'm not sure I would want a smaller screen.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
NewEgg has the 6 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Strength View Post
Is the version sold from their website directly going to be any different in terms of ROM OS version or feature set versus the version that Newegg sells? I am looking at buying this reader and I'm down to choosing between this or the 5" version on Newegg. Any help would be appreciated.
Dear Moo:

I do not know of any plan to sell the EZ Reader Pocket PRO 5 inch thru anyplace BUT our website. There is not enough margin to even remotely make it attractive to retailers... even good ones like NewEgg. We did this on purpose (selling only thru our website) to get the absolute lowest cost to you!

The 6 inch that NewEgg is carrying is identical in every way to the 6 inch we have on our website.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert