Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Where to buy page for wiki?

Over the last few months (while I've actually been paying attention) I've noticed that a lot of newcomers often want to ask where to buy E-book readers.

While its easy to point them to the companies site in case of Amazon (Kindle) or Bookeen (Gen3), etc. now that a lot of retail stores are carrying Readers I was wondering whether it would be worthwhile to create a couple of Wiki pages with locations as to where to find them.

Now as to whether to do it based on

Country - State - City - Device or

Device - Country - State - City or

Something else, I'm not sure but you get the Idea.

I was also thinking that linking that location information with addresses / Contact info for stores may make it a useful resource for those who might want to call ahead to check availability, etc.

I figure that it will probably help to keep repetition of the same information down, and in turn allow all our members to pool our knowledge as to who is selling what, where.

It'll also probably be more helpful for countries where availability is not widespread (i.e. outside the USA, Canada & U.K.)

Thoughts?
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I think that would be fine. We already have a page for eBooks so why not for the readers. It would need to be reference. Some of the device pages already include some of the dealers by the way, particularly if they oem the product.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I think that would be fine. We already have a page for eBooks so why not for the readers. It would need to be reference. Some of the device pages already include some of the dealers by the way, particularly if they oem the product.

Dale
I did see that some of the pages did mention dealers, but it was usually incomplete, and in most cases you would have to dig in a few layers deep to find the information.

I figure that having it in one place will also encourage people to help keep it updated as things change.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Well, I've Started the Page

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Wher..._eBook_Devices

And am slowly working out how to present the data in an understandable format

Would appreciate any comments / suggestions to make it better/ more legible before I get too deep into it.

Would also appreciate people throwing in their own knowledge as my knowledge is manly confined to the UK, with some knowledge of the US but not much.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Well, It's coming along Nicely. Speciall thanks to cbell, M.H. and DaleDe for giving it shape and putting in the info.

Still we do need more information especially on dealers / resellers in Asia.

Also, While I know that Borders UK does sell the Iliad & Borders US the Sony Reader, I've not been able to find mention on any of the websites.

The question is Do I just put in a Link to the general site and add a comment that they are available in store only or leave it out?
Advert
Old 10-05-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
UKHaiku
Enthusiast
UKHaiku doesn't litterUKHaiku doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader - PRS-505
I'd just link to http://www.borderslocal.co.uk/books/home - so that people can use that to find their local store. Don't know if there's a similar site for the US?

UPDATE - Added it to the page for UK...

Last edited by UKHaiku; 10-05-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: update
UKHaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
How about this for the Borders US website reference?
http://www.bordersmedia.com/features...sonyreader.asp

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post

Dreamer
Thanks! Added to the Wiki.

Now I'm just wondering why it didn't show up when I did a search on the site

Are there any more sources that you know off for any of the readers that I might have missed (I know its's Quiet few so please enlighten me )
Old 10-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #9
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

I just did a Google search for "borders, sony reader". That link was the first Borders link to appear.

Here's the link for ordering the Reader directly from Borders. I think it's hysterical that Borders puts the Reader in the DVD category.
http://www.borders.com/online/store/...u=027242723665

Dreamer
Old 10-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
UKHaiku
Enthusiast
UKHaiku doesn't litterUKHaiku doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader - PRS-505
Quote:

Dreamer
I think this one is an old link? It's pointing at the 500...
UKHaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #11
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKHaiku View Post
I hadn't even noticed the picture was the 500. However, the text is not version specific and is the only generic reference to the Reader's availability at Borders.

Dreamer
Old 10-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #12
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
I just did a Google search for "borders, sony reader". That link was the first Borders link to appear.

Dreamer
I Actually went to Borders Site and searched for it.
That'll teach me for snubbing the all powerful Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKHaiku View Post
Yup, changed it for the new link Dreamer just posted