Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-26-2015, 05:20 AM   #16
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
quick question does ADE work ok in Win 10
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I know how to shop around, and have no problem buying from Amazon if it's the cheapest.
But Amazon is not always the cheapest as Google does match prices a lot of the time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Do you have a windows version? In windows every application that I have ever encountered has the version displayed under the help menu by tapping help and then the "about" choice. ADE is no different.

Dale
ADE 1.7x is different than the Windows norm. ADE 2.x uses the norm of Help | About.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookaho!ic View Post
quick question does ADE work ok in Win 10
ADE 2.01.78765 (the version I am using) does work on Windows 10.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #20
jieraffe
jieraffe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unhappy Borrowed Overdrive ebook can't be opened in Kobo Aura although authorized

Hi! I use ADE (ver 4.0.3.117585) on my macbook (ver 10.10.4) to load borrowed books from the overdrive to my Kobo Aura (ver 3.12.0). Recently, I hate using it because it keeps telling me that the document can't be opened because it's not authorized when I've already authorized my device! I have deauthorized my Kobo device then download the eBook to my ereader again but it still tells me it's not authorized. This method of deauthorizing and then re-loading the ebook into the ereader worked for the first book but for the following books the same problem happens again. Reading the official ADE forum, it seems like many people are having similar problems, many are left unanswered and some I don't know which solutions are suitable for solving the problem I'm facing. I would really appreciate some help here!
jieraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #21
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot Adobe, aside from deleting it? Help leads to their less-than-functional help site.

It's decided to index all the books on my e-reader. And the index files may be what's screwed up my e-reader lately. It won't let me clear out its index unless it gets to erase all the books.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #22
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Is there any way to get support for Adobe Digital Editions? I'm considering getting a large-screen e-reader, and I'm not sure how the authorization system works and whether it'll run out and strand my books. But Adobe's site does NOT work. And their contact does NOT work. And their feedback does NOT work. It reloads continuously, and triggers migraines.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:27 PM   #23
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If Adobe doesn't want to help you (what a shock ) then there certainly isn't much we can do.

Personally, DeDRM all my books anyway, then manage them in calibre.
ADE can open *.acsm files and download your purchases, then you can have calibre add the EPUB files -- no need to even look at the ADE window.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote