Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Free and bargain romance ebooks + Discussion June 2014

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

In addition to the freebies, sales, and coupons we do a weekly purchased/read roundup (voluntary only, but it’s fun to use Calibre’s virtual library feature to take a screengrab in cover view ) We also discuss reading apps and devices, books, and life in general a bit in this thread. Sometimes we go off on seemingly unrelated tangents, but we always find our way back…

Be sure to check the last page of May's thread for any deals you may have missed.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Winters Heat, the first book in Cristin Harber's Titan series is free right now...
Quote:
After putting her life on the line to protect classified intelligence, military psychologist Mia Kensington is on a cross-country road trip from hell with an intrusive save-the-day hero. Uninterested in his white knight act, she’d rather take her chances without the ruggedly handsome, cold-blooded operative who boasts an alpha complex and too many guns.

Colby Winters, an elite member of The Titan Group, has a single objective on his black ops mission: recover a document important to national security. It was supposed to be an easy in-and-out operation. But now, by any means necessary becomes a survival mantra when he faces off with a stunning woman he can’t leave behind.

When Titan’s safe houses are compromised, Colby stashes Mia at his home, exposing his secret—he’s the adoptive father of an orphaned baby girl. Too soon, danger arrives and Mia lands in the hands of a sadistic cartel king with a taste for torture. As hours bleed into fear-drenched days, Colby races across the globe and through a firestorm of bullets to save the woman he can’t live without.

Also, the prequel to Garrison's Creed (Titan series), Sweet Girl, is $0.99 during the pre-order period and a few days after release.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-01-2014 at 12:33 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
For anyone who likes cute and funny PNRs, I just read a new Entangled release featuring dragon shifters called

The Queen's Wings by Jamie K. Schmidt.

It's currently on sale for $0.99, with their new release pricing. The heroine reminded me of Charley Davidson from the First Grave on the Left series for those of you that read UF. The romance was a bit light, but sometimes it's good to take a break from all that alpha intensity.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Free: Worth the Risk - Robin Bielman [an Entangled Indulgence published, don't think I've seen one of these free ever!?]

And I won't post the link because of geo-restrictions it's not showing as on sale for me but it's supposed to be $1.99; Laura Kaye - Hard as it Gets.

ETA another freebie: A Demon and His Witch - Eve Langlais

apesmom- saw you posted in last thread about Transcendence, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, had a feeling you might!

Last edited by Blue2u; 06-01-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Nothing to report this week.

I did pick up some freebies, but nothing purchased. And I've been rereading the Psy/Changeling series again, so no new-to-me books read.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Checking in:

I bought books but forgot which is which so here's all the books I
bought since moving.

I haven't read anything as I'm trying to catch up on sleep. I miss Tennessee where I could curl up with a good book and some peace and quiet. Once I get enough Swagbucks for the mini window a/c I will move our bed into the bedroom so that should help I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	may15-jun1books.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	123586  
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Free: Worth the Risk - Robin Bielman [an Entangled Indulgence published, don't think I've seen one of these free ever!?]

And I won't post the link because of geo-restrictions it's not showing as on sale for me but it's supposed to be $1.99; Laura Kaye - Hard as it Gets.

ETA another freebie: A Demon and His Witch - Eve Langlais
A Demon and His Witch is free in CA only.

Laura Kaye - Hard as it Gets is $1.99 for the US - http://www.amazon.com/Hard-As-Gets-I...dp/B00BATNM50/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:03 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Here you can see my purchases this week (some oldies I have in Spanish and some autobuy):

Name:	Comprados_20140601.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	123592
These are this week readings (some good discoverings):

Name:	Leidos_20140601.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	123593

I've been able to end "The Collector", but I began in March, so you can imagine it hasn't grabbed me a lot.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #9
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Haven't checked in in a few weeks, and only two books purchased in that time!

Read lots, but two highlights are ones I know many have picked up on sale or free, definitely worth moving up the TBR:

Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid... 5! (#2 in the series though was only ok for me)
Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan... 4
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Here is DANL's June selection.

I will probably get the Burrowes because I usually enjoy her books.

The other historicals look to be beyond-wallpapery.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Here is DANL's June selection.

I will probably get the Burrowes because I usually enjoy her books.

The other historicals look to be beyond-wallpapery.
I think whoever is writing the blurbs over there doesn't have a clue about historical romances. The one for Once Upon a Kiss is just too modern sounding.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #12
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons is $1.99 at amazon.com and amazon.ca. I've heard that it's highly recommended for Outlander fans.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #13
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons is $1.99 at amazon.com and amazon.ca. I've heard that it's highly recommended for Outlander fans.
I've read both and I don't know that I see a whole lot of similarites. It is a saga-ish type of love story set against the background of the Siege of Leningrad so there is a lot of suffering and no time travel.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #14
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
A Demon and His Witch is free in CA only.
Eve's newsletter says it's free for the entire month of June at Amazon, Kobo & Apple
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #15
angela67
angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.angela67 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Kobo Australia has A Demon and his Witch free.
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-au/Sea...+and+his+witch -
angela67 is offline   Reply With Quote