Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
BobbyQ
BobbyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
how to use multiple emails ?

Hi everybody. I would like to send a certain daily rss newspaper automatically to my friend's email, but only this one newspaper, not any other stuff. How can I solve this ? The "subject" option seems to only set the email's subject, not filtering by topic or anything. Everything gets unintentionally sent to my friend right now.
Of course I could use a server-based email forward rule with my email provider, but that would be a tweak in the wrong place.

Help will be appreciated.
BobbyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to MobileRead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyQ View Post
I would like to send a certain daily rss newspaper automatically to my friend's email, but only this one newspaper, not any other stuff. How can I solve this ?
You can't automatically pick and choose what gets sent to multiple users it is all or nothing. Your idea of setting a forward rule in your email is a good solution.

Moderator Notice
Moved the thread to general calibre forum. Please read the "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum" sticky post from the top of the Development forum.

For those new to the forum at the top of all calibre forums are sticky posts with information on many frequently asked questions.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-05-2013 at 07:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hi everybody. I would like to send a certain daily rss newspaper automatically to my friend's email, but only this one newspaper, not any other stuff. How can I solve this ? The "subject" option seems to only set the email's subject, not filtering by topic or anything. Everything gets unintentionally sent to my friend right now.
Of course I could use a server-based email forward rule with my email provider, but that would be a tweak in the wrong place.

Help will be appreciated.
Simple answer (applies to Automatic sends of news): You don't.
You can Manually select any (1 or more) book in the list and choose where to mail them. There is only 1 Automatic send list (as you discovered, you can send to multiple destinations, but it applies to all Autosend).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
BobbyQ

thanks for your quick replies guys. I did it now with a set of filter rules within gmx, which is amazingly a feature of the gmx free account. This would be a nice addition to future versions of calibre I think. I mean, setting up and running a server with calibre is not everybody's cup of tea, but a lot of my kindle-using friends appreciate reading free newspapers, so I can provide them with a single server solution.
Sometimes it still amazes me what you can actually do using just free software and services.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a minor point:

Do you have a license to redistribute those newspapers?

Free does not automatically convey a right to re-distribute.
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
BobbyQ

yes I do. In Germany people have the right to distribute private copies of everything within family and friendship circles up to an amount of 10, as long as they don't have to use technical methods of overcoming copyright protections (such as CSS on most DVDs). I don't know how it is in the rest of the world.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
yes I do. In Germany people have the right to distribute private copies of everything within family and friendship circles up to an amount of 10, as long as they don't have to use technical methods of overcoming copyright protections (such as CSS on most DVDs). I don't know how it is in the rest of the world.
Thanks for clarifying.

Some of the sharing 'rules' have not been tested in court (yet). With many new DMCA era laws here, it appears you are guilty until the court says you are not .
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #8
BobbyQ

I have heard of some of the more prominent cases in the media, where they sued poor single mothers for some unintentional mp3 downloads of their underage kids. Content industry has way too much influence in the US of A. People get criminalized for a couple of clicks on their computers. Tricking people on the internet so you can sue them later seems to having become a viable profit model nowadays. They even have the balls to proclaim that they are defending the law.