Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2014, 11:12 PM   #541
chumdoggin
chumdoggin began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Use the Kubrick options to clear the two user areas
Oh, I did not see that. Will look again. Thank you knc..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 6-15-14 at 8.06 PM.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	124243  
chumdoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #542
chumdoggin

Quote:
Use the Kubrick options to clear the two user areas
I could not find which options those were or where. Still really dead so far.
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 04:05 AM   #543
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I'm not sure either.

That said - if the progress bar moves and the screen contents change when you power-cycle - your device is in fact quite alive.

I would play a bit with Kubrick (did you try out other computers to run it?), k3flasher (to see what error it actually is reporting, I think you can run it from a shell with Kubrick, too), ATK.

If that progress bar doesn't move and you continue to see only this one screen - your screen is broken. Or you broke your connection for the screen - you were mentioning something about the ribbon cable in the second post, so you might have gotten it wrong there. Also, you were a bit short on information on what exact state your device is in, how you managed to break it, and what you did to it afterwards. There are bits about "storage messed" (how?), "ribbon cable" (screen connection?), and open questions about the LED colour. How does the device identify when plugged via USB?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #544
chumdoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
I'm not sure either.

That said - if the progress bar moves and the screen contents change when you power-cycle - your device is in fact quite alive.

I would play a bit with Kubrick (did you try out other computers to run it?), k3flasher (to see what error it actually is reporting, I think you can run it from a shell with Kubrick, too), ATK.

If that progress bar doesn't move and you continue to see only this one screen - your screen is broken. Or you broke your connection for the screen - you were mentioning something about the ribbon cable in the second post, so you might have gotten it wrong there. Also, you were a bit short on information on what exact state your device is in, how you managed to break it, and what you did to it afterwards. There are bits about "storage messed" (how?), "ribbon cable" (screen connection?), and open questions about the LED colour. How does the device identify when plugged via USB?
The current state is that it does not respond to anything except that when using a flasher the power switch volume down command tells flasher its ready. Thats about the only response.

The ribbon cable I touched was indeed for the keyboard I now see, though it was the last time Id seen the green light and the half boot like the picture. I read someones post that said nothing had worked for him until he used a computer with xp and usb 1 and atk. The screen was fine for the boot and I did not get harsh on anything after that so I think that is ok.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:44 AM   #545
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmkay, so I was a bit mislead by the Picture of the device.
So command line k3flasher or ATK it is. ATK, however, is a bit sparse in terms of debugging output.
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #546
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I would take k3flasher over atk anytime. That said. charge it for a few days first since you now have no way of knowing what kind of charge the kindle thinks it has got.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:11 AM   #547
chumdoggin

Quote:
Hmkay, so I was a bit mislead by the Picture of the device.
So command line k3flasher or ATK it is. ATK, however, is a bit sparse in terms of debugging output.
Was the same thing with atk and xp, it gave that same old "failed to initial flash or do not support this flash" Also kubrick does the same 1 sec completions and says "done" when of course it could not be that fast.
would k3flasher somehow have better luck? Im having doubts at this point but there is an answer out there....
Old 06-23-2014, 04:39 AM   #548
hawhill
Wizard

No, it will probably generate the same outcome. Kubrick internally uses k3flasher anyway.
What happens is that the flashing gets flaky - maybe aborting with an error, maybe it's the device resetting (due to problems with the CPU, power source, ...). k3flasher isn't too verbose in why it failed, either - you would only get information about at what point it fails.

You did charge the device with a proper wall charger for a long time, right? Otherwise, there's not a lot you can do. It can be hardware error in a multitude of parts...
Old 06-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #549
chumdoggin

Quote:
No, it will probably generate the same outcome. Kubrick internally uses k3flasher anyway.
What happens is that the flashing gets flaky - maybe aborting with an error, maybe it's the device resetting (due to problems with the CPU, power source, ...). k3flasher isn't too verbose in why it failed, either - you would only get information about at what point it fails.

You did charge the device with a proper wall charger for a long time, right? Otherwise, there's not a lot you can do. It can be hardware error in a multitude of parts...
has not made a peep since that last time getting half through boot screen and stopping there maybe a broken cheap one on ebay and canniblize
Old 05-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #550
law81
law81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Hi,

today suddenly my Kindle 3G started to make strager things.

When i was reading it froze, and after some seconds I could restart but some seconds later it froze again. All time the same.

So i decided to make factory reset pressing 15 or 20 secs, and kindle is restating and froze again.

After that I tried to make quickly a factory reset via menu before freeze. OK, done, the Kindle is restarting and status bar appears but it stop to increase.

I tried to keep pressing slide button during 60 seconds and other methods but nothing works.

So now, I have a hard brick the with the man under the tree in the screen.

The kindle is detected by Windows as SE BLANK RINGO.

So, searching some info I have found this forum and the wiki to unbrick the kindle with ATK, the problem is that the link of the file mmcblk0p1-3.3 is dead.

Can someone upload that file in a mirror?

Thanks in advance.
law81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #551
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by law81 View Post
Hi,

today suddenly my Kindle 3G started to make strager things.

When i was reading it froze, and after some seconds I could restart but some seconds later it froze again. All time the same.

So i decided to make factory reset pressing 15 or 20 secs, and kindle is restating and froze again.

After that I tried to make quickly a factory reset via menu before freeze. OK, done, the Kindle is restarting and status bar appears but it stop to increase.

I tried to keep pressing slide button during 60 seconds and other methods but nothing works.

So now, I have a hard brick the with the man under the tree in the screen.

The kindle is detected by Windows as SE BLANK RINGO.

So, searching some info I have found this forum and the wiki to unbrick the kindle with ATK, the problem is that the link of the file mmcblk0p1-3.3 is dead.

Can someone upload that file in a mirror?

Thanks in advance.
See the "Master Index" sticky - it will lead you to alternate links for those files.

If you are writing about an K3 device - use Kubrick (also a sticky) - it automates the process.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #552
law81

Quote:
See the "Master Index" sticky - it will lead you to alternate links for those files.

If you are writing about an K3 device - use Kubrick (also a sticky) - it automates the process.
Kubrick does not run in my pc, i will try with the file and ATK

Thanks
Old 05-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #553
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by law81 View Post
Kubrick does not run in my pc, i will try with the file and ATK

Thanks
Tell exactly how you are trying to use Kubrick.
Mention what PC also (make / model).

The likelihood of being able to fix it with image files and ATK is slim to none.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:27 AM   #554
law81

Quote:
Tell exactly how you are trying to use Kubrick.
Mention what PC also (make / model).

The likelihood of being able to fix it with image files and ATK is slim to none.
Sorry for the late reply.

I don't remember the error but it says that cant mount a partition when Kubrick starts. My PC has a cpu AMD FX8320, Windows 10.

I try to fix it with ATK but the problem is that Kindle is detected by the PC as SE BLANK RINGO and some seconds later is not recognized and seconds later again plugged, and so all the time, pluggled and unplugged.

EDIT:
when i plug it the orange led is on.

I charged the battery with a wall charger during 24 hours. Do you think is a battery problem?

Thanks

Last edited by law81; 05-22-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:36 AM   #555
knc1
Going Viral

If you ask a question, have the courtesy to check for an answer or subscribe to the thread so you get e-mailed the answers people post.

That K4 is junk.
If the screen is good, you could probably re-sell the screen (sell as parts, let the new owner try to get it un-glued without breaking it).

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3