Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-03-2015, 04:48 AM   #271
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Perhaps a minor rename would be in order. Anyway, the plugin does sterling service on Windws XP I shuld think, also the builtin feature doesn't allow editing the cover metadata of the book record.
Good point re XP

It's up to David, but I wonder if it might not be better to clone the Open With PI to create a Run Program PI and maybe remove the 'dependency' on book folder files.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-03-2015 at 04:55 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #272
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Good point re XP

It's up to David, but I wonder if it might not be better to clone the Open With PI to create a Run Program PI and maybe remove the 'dependency' on book folder files.
The dependency is on the fact that the plugin open book files with external programs. There is no way to remove that completely. My change only added a way to pass metadata to the program and not book. My intention is to extend this to allow both.

A rename might make sense. The problem is that "Open with" is far to good a description for the plugin and what it does.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 11:19 AM   #273
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can edit covers with the builtin open with by right clicking on them in the book details panel.
Nice.
I didn't notice this either.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #274
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
BR: A couple of posts further up I suggested the format "NONE", maybe "ALL" would be a better term. "NONE" suggests no formats, but "ALL" would be for any book no matter what format. Working that out is one of the reasons I labelled what I did as a "quick and dirty" change. Suggestions for how to do it are welcome.

As to moving the posts, I don't mind either way. We have a cross-reference now, so they won't get lost.
"Any" would be also good (IMHO All means a group)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #275
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
"Any" would be also good (IMHO All means a group)
Yes, "Any" is better. I was think "All" for all books, but it could easily be interpreted as opening all formats.
Advert
Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #276
fantafrik
fantafrik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello:
I am trying to open two pdf books with your plugin's customization options launching diffpdf portable, but I am not able to do it. I suspect the plugin only lets to open one file at a time. Could you confirm or give me some orientation to do it?
This is one of the setups I tried in the args field, for example:
-a "%1" "%2"
(I am using Windows as you can see by the files args)
Thank you.
fantafrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #277
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantafrik View Post
Hello:
I am trying to open two pdf books with your plugin's customization options launching diffpdf portable, but I am not able to do it. I suspect the plugin only lets to open one file at a time. Could you confirm or give me some orientation to do it?
This is one of the setups I tried in the args field, for example:
-a "%1" "%2"
(I am using Windows as you can see by the files args)
Thank you.
It is not the PI. Your Application may only allow 1 instance.
I can use Open With to launch Sigil on 2 different titles with both available at the same time.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:07 AM   #278
fantafrik

Hi theducks!:
Quote:
It is not the PI. Your Application may only allow 1 instance.
I can use Open With to launch Sigil on 2 different titles with both available at the same time.
Diffpdf portable allows 2 titles, I can open it and drag over it 2 selected books from the calibre interface and it works. I tested this command and it works too:

Code:
DiffpdfPortable -a r:\kk1.pdf r:\kk2.pdf
I think the difference here is that you are opening two Sigil instances with one file each, while I want to open two files in one DiffPdf instance by the Args column in the customization options.

Last edited by fantafrik; 06-27-2015 at 05:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #279
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantafrik View Post
Hi theducks!:

I think the difference here is that you are opening two Sigil instances with one file each
Yes,
I think every thing that OWPI does is a single-single.
Remember, these PI all work across all 3 platforms
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #280
fantafrik

Ok, so the conclussion is: It cannot be done by the args parameter.

The solution then should be by some interface plugin made to send more than one selected files to the destination auxiliary program.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #281
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

If you are interested in being able to run K2Pdfopt gui from Calibre under Linux this is the one

Code:
#!/bin/bash
export CURRA="$*"
export FILEPATH=$(/usr/bin/winepath-development -w $CURRA)
/usr/bin/wine /opt/K2PdfOpt/k2pdfopt.exe "$FILEPATH"
You have to have wine for linux installed along with the windows version of K2PdfOpt (under /opt/K2PdfOpt)

Once the setup is done you can define your "open with" entry and point out to this script.

Thanks

Last edited by loviedovie; 10-04-2015 at 05:16 PM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:16 AM   #282
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi:
I have a question. I am using the Calibre program as administrator of my epubs, but I like Icecream Ebook Reader for reader. I set the plugin to open a epub with this program, so I configured to use Ebook Reader. However when I run the option "open with ...", Ebook reader shows me this message: "Failed to open database Unable to connect to database.". The program then runs normal, but don't shows the books that I added to the library. I close the program, open it again and quite normal. The funny thing is, that as I associated epub extension to Ebook Reader, if I click on any file epub, the program opens, there are still books added to the library and also charges the epub file I clicked. What you could be happening?

Sorry my grammar.
Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:55 PM   #283
theducks
Well trained by Cats

about that message. (unsure which DB that is reffering to. Appears to be EXTERNAL to calibre because of the styling of the error box)

Preferences: Behavior: to UNset Calibre-viewer as the reader and USE the OS Default, remove the tick next to the format.

eg. no tick next to PDF, selecting View in Calibre, will use Adobe-Reader (the systems default)
Old 07-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #284
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
about that message. (unsure which DB that is reffering to. Appears to be EXTERNAL to calibre because of the styling of the error box)
Icecream Ebook Reader is more than its name suggests, it is also a library manager, albeit a lightweight one... compared to calibre. I bet that's where the message is coming from.

@mariaclaudia - this can be a 'tricky' issue, especially on Windows. If prior suggestions don't take you to where you want to go, then you may find the built-in Open With feature simpler to use than the Open With plug-in. You access it via View->View specific format (Alt/V) viz

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	150267

To add another program to a particular file type, select the file type (e.g. EPUB) then select the Add other application for xxxx files option, that will open a standard file selection dialogue, browse to the required program, and tap OK.

If required you can then add keyboard shortcuts via Preferences->Keyboard, as I've done for Balabolka, Sigil, and the calibre viewer.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:22 PM   #285
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@mariaclaudia: The best solution is what theducks suggests, let calibre pass the book to the OS to open. If opening a book from Explorer opens it properly in Icecream Ebook Reader, then calibre will also be able to do it.

Otherwise, my guess is that you aren't setting a path or option correctly in the Open With settings. I'm guessing the database that cannot be opened is where Icecream Ebook Reader stores the reading status, bookmarks and other things it deems important. I have never heard of the application before, so I don't know exactly how to set it up. But, you probably need to set a path to some directory or file that Icecream Ebook Reader uses. Or set some option so that it knows what to do.

Tags
conversion, kepubify