Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
chadpeppers
chadpeppers began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
OPF, NCX in Epub

I have a publication that was created in InDesign and exported as an epub. From here I am cleaning up the XHTML code with Sigil. The problem I am running into is there is no NCX or OPF file in the ePub. Reading the documentation from Sigil:

http://web.sigil.googlecode.com/hg/epub_overview.html#

This is suppose to create the OPF and NCX file for you. I do not see either of these files and wish to edit them so I can create a logical TOC.

Suggestions?
chadpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpeppers View Post
I have a publication that was created in InDesign and exported as an epub. From here I am cleaning up the XHTML code with Sigil. The problem I am running into is there is no NCX or OPF file in the ePub. Reading the documentation from Sigil:

This is suppose to create the OPF and NCX file for you. I do not see either of these files and wish to edit them so I can create a logical TOC.

Suggestions?
Sigil hide them from you, since it was building them Sigils way.
You need to 'tweak-epub' (or other unpack /repack utility) after you are done with Sigil.
NB Tweak-epub is built into Calibre. select book: press T
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Uhrrrr....Sigil is building a logical TOC for you. To see it, click the TOC editor. If you're unhappy with the TOC as generated, you can edit it via de-selecting some items that it may be using (headings), or you can manually edit it post-production...but it's there, as is the OPF. You don't need to hand-enter your own TOC manifest items, if that's what you're thinking.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadpeppers View Post

Suggestions?
Winrar opens epubs so that you can get at all the files and edit them. Alternativley you can change the filename extension (.epub) to .zip and treat it like any other zip file.
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote