Device: Multiple
Sync Sideloaded (free ebook) Content + Bookmark/Last Read on iDevices and PC

I'm at my wit's end trying to achieve the following:

Sync - Last read/Bookmarks
Content - Sideloaded/non-purchased free ebooks
Devices - sync and read content on iDevices and PC

I've found the following limitations:

1. Kobo and Nook - Will only sync purchased content
2. Kindle (Amazon) - Only supports syncing Personal Documents on Kindle Fire, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, Kindle for Android/iOS. Kindle Personal Documents Service is currently not supported on other free Kindle Reading Applications. i.e. - does not support Kindle for PC
3. iBooks (iCloud) - only supports iDevices (unable to read synced iCloud content/books in iTunes)

There has to be a way to achieve this. I greatly appreciate any input!!!
newuzertoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
I have the same need. Tons of non-DRM ebooks, want sync between Mac and iOS, Kindle and maybe other devices.
All works between Kindle and iOS, but not i the Amazon Cloud reader or the Mac OS version ...
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
flips01
Connoisseur

Sites like catalog.im and BookFusion.com seems to offer sync of notes/read status etc, but I guess there's no way to push/pull that to/from a dedicated reader (eInk) device? (Except use a web browser on the device -- which I assume is not optimal.)

How about's Sony T2's sync with Evernote? Does it work well? Is it easy to upload/fetch notes or highlights?
How about bookmarks and/or read status/furthest page read?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
I'm looking for something like this for Android & pc. I don't care if the library is centralized (I'd prefer to have the books locally on the devices anyway for offline reading) but I just want to be able to sync my reading position between Kindle Fire, pc, and android phone, for non-Amazon books.

Last edited by jduck; 04-01-2013 at 01:44 PM.
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
flips01
Connoisseur

And I would like it synced between Kindle DX, iOS, Android and some web app (or native Mac/Linux program) ...
Old 09-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
castel15
castel15 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Nook, Cruz Reader, Literati
Syncing Windows PC and Windows Tablet

A solution, if you want to read and sync your side loaded ebooks in your Windows PC and/or Tablet (no Surface RT), is to install the Kindle PC version in both or several PC's. Save your converted or original MOBI ebooks into OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, Drive, etc. and select from Kindle PC options to read the contents from the cloud of your option. I noticed that Kindle syncs the bookmarks and notes this way. Of course you need to have the cloud of your option installed in each computer or tablet.
castel15 is offline   Reply With Quote