Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #16
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I bike and walk in the snow all winter. Have fallen a few times walking and my Nexus 7 survived every fall no prob. As I said I use it for work every day and travel with it a lot...never had a screen issue but I do have a sturdy cover for it. Great Machine... Long live the Tyrell Corporation...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Didnt goof. Though you should have sprung for the extra $50 and got the 32 gb version and bought a cheaper cover. I am picking up a 32 gb later this week for a couple bucks over $200.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #18
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I bike and walk in the snow all winter. Have fallen a few times walking and my Nexus 7 survived every fall no prob. As I said I use it for work every day and travel with it a lot...never had a screen issue but I do have a sturdy cover for it. Great Machine... Long live the Tyrell Corporation...
So glad you like it.

We have ready a new Rachael II model that we would be pleased to allow you to try out.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #19
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
I have the Nexus 7, 8 GB model. I prefer to use this as an ereader so I can use all reading apps (BN, amazon, kobo or Sony) It only makes sense to have only 1 instead of multiple ereaders
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #20
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
So glad you like it.

We have ready a new Rachael II model that we would be pleased to allow you to try out.
Ooh, a Rachael II. I've had my eye on that model for a while.

Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
ttomm46
Connoisseur
ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ttomm46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
all the covers at Staples wee 39 bucks...should have it Walmart
ttomm46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Didnt goof. Though you should have sprung for the extra $50 and got the 32 gb version and bought a cheaper cover. I am picking up a 32 gb later this week for a couple bucks over $200.
I agree with the cheaper cover I got a nice leather cover off of Amazon for $15. But I think the 16 gig Nexus 7 should work quite well for most folks. I have 207 apps installed and 2100 ebooks and still have about 6gigs of space available. The obvious exception to this is if you plan to carry around a bunch of videos or a giant library of your own songs. I don't find local copies of videos or songs needed when you can store your songs in the cloud and stream most videos. If needed you can always connect a USB flash drive via a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable and the Nexus Media Importer app.

That said, it never hurts to spring for more space up front.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #23
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomm46
it was shelling out 50 bucks for the 1 year thing that got to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomm46 View Post
i goofed sigh
I know this is a slightly old thread, but depending on your own ethics and morals, you could use that extended warranty to get yourself a new Nexus 7 when they (are rumoured to) launch later this year or early next year.

Personally I've been told too many times to count that "this warranty covers absolutely everything, even 'accidental' (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) damages" so I don't think I'd feel too bad taking advantage of an extended warranty. Although it obviously depends on the circumstances of how that warranty was sold to me and what the fine print says.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
I got another son a Nexus 7 for Christmas. Just the device. 16GB though he have added memory, because I just sent the money so he could pick it out or add to it. I sent enough for the base model because he lives in Canada and will work out how to get it.

No word of breakage yet. I should check.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #25
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I've had a Nexus 7 several months now and it the best tablet I have ever owned. I still have an iPad, but rarely use it since getting the Nexus. The Nexus screen is even crisp enough for comics and I find them quite readable on the 7 inch screen. The only thing that will compete with it for me will be the new Nexus 7 that will be announced next week.

I mostly use Moon+ Reader since I can sync books with dropbox on my phone, but the Nook and Kindle apps are nice as well.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #26
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
I've had a Nexus 7 several months now and it the best tablet I have ever owned. I still have an iPad, but rarely use it since getting the Nexus. The Nexus screen is even crisp enough for comics and I find them quite readable on the 7 inch screen. The only thing that will compete with it for me will be the new Nexus 7 that will be announced next week.

I mostly use Moon+ Reader since I can sync books with dropbox on my phone, but the Nook and Kindle apps are nice as well.
I agree. I've had my N7 nearly a year and it is my go-to tablet even over the Nexus 10 and Fire 8.9. I, too, am looking forward to the announcement next week. I also use the nook app and Moon+ Reader.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomm46 View Post
Bought the 199 one from staples..also 40 buck leather case and 50 dollars plan in case the glass cracks or breaks..Heard some people had glass problems so i shelled out 300 bucks altogether..did i mess up much
No.. Not at all.. You will love it...
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #28
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Oh, on those Warranties.. Everything is covered until you have a problem..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #29
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
One of the nexus 7's selling points is it's toughened gorilla glass so the salesman has worked one on you really. That's how they make their money. I sold my 250gb desktop when I bought my 16gb model and that memory drop had me worried. Tbh, it hasn't been an issue. I DL movies, music etc and it barely makes a dent. I just delete them after I've watched a couple. Is there really any point having a hundred movies in your library? They're always there to DL again. What it did show me was how much crap we amass over time so my housekeeping has never been better.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I have the 32gb versioin...but even with 16gb...get Dropbox, box.com, and google drive alone... you have 17gb of free storage.... add skydrive(gulp) and icloud(double gulp) and you have a double cappuccino extra whip cream, hold the mayo, side of ketchup, salsa, soy sauce and a bit of garlic on the side I'm on a diet and nobody knows it.... and you still have heaps of room for some films and music should the need arise...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote