Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Pandinus
Pandinus began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Nexus 7
Question Problems inserting latin characters

Hi!

When trying to insert a latin character like 'â', sigil insert the accent as long as I press the accent key, and doesn't insert the 'â' character, but two characters: '^a'

Is there something I can do about it?

I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 and Sigil 0.7.2

Thanks!
Pandinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandinus View Post
Hi!

When trying to insert a latin character like 'â', sigil insert the accent as long as I press the accent key, and doesn't insert the 'â' character, but two characters: '^a'

Thanks!
Did you try using the insert special character tool (The omega button) ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Wasn't that a specific Ubuntu issue? I remember seeing it before in the forum.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Wasn't that a specific Ubuntu issue? I remember seeing it before in the forum.
It may be, I just checked my Laptops Ubuntu side.

I am down rev on Sigil (I am not good enough to build my own Sigil from source)

The tool does work on Ubuntu 13.04 (64 bit AMD) and Sigil 6.2
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Hi!

Thanks!
Does it work properly in any other apps?

I guess you need to use the compose key, what's the output of:
Code:
setxkbmap -print
also which DE are you using?
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
Pandinus

It does work properly in other apps, and it inserts the characters when I use the insert special character tool...

The output of:

setxkbmap -print

is:

xkb_keymap {
xkb_keycodes { include "evdev+aliases(qwerty)" };
xkb_types { include "complete" };
xkb_compat { include "complete" };
xkb_symbols { include "pc+pt+inet(evdev)" };
xkb_geometry { include "pc(pc105)" };
};
Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
Pandinus

It seams I found the problem... :-S

https://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=2031
Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
It seams I found the problem... :-S

https://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=2031
I hate it when that (upstream problem) happens! I feel your pain.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
My workaround in these cases: write the character in another app (I always have a console open) and copy-paste (which is done by simply selecting and middle-clicking). It's highly annoying, though.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
latin characters