Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #271
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
If you want to turn you Kindle into a dictaphone, just unzip and copy this file to your launchpad folder.
A S command (= Shift,A,S sequence) then starts a new recording, A E command stops it.
The recordings are stored in [USER STORE]/records by default, you can change it by editing RECDIR variable in the ini file.
E.g. changing to "music" will give you an option to play the records with MPlayer.
Generated filenames contain date, time and .wav extension:
2011-02-28_09-32-06.wav

Always make sure to stop the recording or you will run out of space after some time.
I made directory RECDRIVE in root of Kindle (USB root)
I put record.ini in launchpad and restart Kindle

for sequence shiftAS is anwers succes
but
for sequence shiftAE is answers failure

any idea?

I have FW 3,4 now

When i had FW 3,2 dictaphone worked whitout problems
I have jailbreak 0,11N a nd launchpad work corect
(a use FBreader Coolreader and other whitout problem)

My questions is: Are dictaphone daemon in FW3,4 stoped or modified?
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #272
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Show exactly what you entered. put it in code blocks.

Then we can look and have a guess. until then it would be pure guessing.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #273
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
My problem is solved
I need new record.ini, I need text

Good text for Kindle3 keyboard 3,4 Firmware
Quote:
[Actions]
A S = !RECDIR=audible; [ -d "/mnt/us/$RECDIR" ] || mkdir -p "/mnt/us/$RECDIR"; arecord -qN /mnt/us/$RECDIR/_record_$(date +'%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S').wav!.mp3 &
A E = !kill -15 `pidof arecord`; dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1 &

BAD text for Kindle3 keyboard 3,4 Firmware
Quote:
[Actions]
A S = !RECDIR=records; [ -d "/mnt/us/$RECDIR" ] || mkdir -p "/mnt/us/$RECDIR"; arecord -qN /mnt/us/$RECDIR/$(date +'%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S').wav &
A E = !pkill -f arecord

Of course is to create folder audible(or records) in root of Kindle
I have made it before my question
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #274
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
is it possible to make keyboard shortcut for entering table of contents ?
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #275
tl370
tl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheese

Device: dxg;paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Firmware 3.x probably uses different keycodes than 2.x original DXG firmware. You may need to modify the ini file to make it use K3 keycodes. You can check the keycodes from SSH with:

while:;do waitforkey;done

and press some keys...

I think that's the reason why I cannot exit terminal by pressing Left<.
Could you give me some hints on how to exit the terminal when the keycode is wrong (I'm using 3.x firmware on dxg)?
tl370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #276
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Restart the machine with the power button.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #277
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl370 View Post
I think that's the reason why I cannot exit terminal by pressing Left<.
Could you give me some hints on how to exit the terminal when the keycode is wrong (I'm using 3.x firmware on dxg)?
Hmm.. This application was originally developed FOR a DX...

Let me go abuse the one we have here. one sec

EDIT: HOME button

Last edited by twobob; 04-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #278
twobob

If that DOESN'T work..

Give me the value from waitforkey and I'll compare it to my value. Then you can just shove it in the ini.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #279
tl370
tl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheesetl370 can extract oil from cheese

Device: dxg;paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
If that DOESN'T work..

Give me the value from waitforkey and I'll compare it to my value. Then you can just shove it in the ini.
Thank you twobob, I tried different ways to quit and finally, after typing exit+ enter, it came back to normal.
I think it's because the firmware I used..

Anyway thank you for your reply.
tl370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #280
j0g1na
j0g1na began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Ok...I'm not stupid, I can use a pc and I can use my Kindle. But I don't know how either one works, and really don't care - as long as they do! Can someone like me learn to make a hotkey for the select on my 5-way controller? It cracked down the middle, still moves in all directions, just won't select. Can't get to any of my books, some of which are college books which I need for class.
Any help that anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks.
j0g1na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #281
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0g1na View Post
Ok...I'm not stupid, I can use a pc and I can use my Kindle. But I don't know how either one works, and really don't care - as long as they do! Can someone like me learn to make a hotkey for the select on my 5-way controller? It cracked down the middle, still moves in all directions, just won't select. Can't get to any of my books, some of which are college books which I need for class.
Any help that anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Do you have kindle dx with a knob joystick? Try to replace it. It is pretty cheap nokia n73 button. 1-3$.
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #282
wayne5
wayne5 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Will it work in kindle paper white 2? I need it to use the VNC viewer.
Thanks.
wayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #283
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Where do you see a keyboard on the PW2? .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #284
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
(Above the microphone, between the stereo speakers.)
yes, I have had those sort of days also.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:44 PM   #285
jumpfunky
jumpfunky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi, I have a kindle dxg (2.5.8) and try to replace my broken five way controller the following way:
W = #'FW_Up'
X = #'FW_Down'
A= #'FW_Left'
D = #'FW_Right'
S = #'FW_Press'
I tried to press Shift Shift Space and it read the script with success.

But if I press Shift X, nothing happens...
jumpfunky is offline   Reply With Quote