Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Error when inputting a search string in V0.6.37

This is something new when I upgraded to V0.6.37.

When I enter a search string in Calibre, it gives the following error. I do not know its impact, but AFAIK the results are accurate.

Am I doing anything wrong?

__________________________________________________ _

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 8: unexpected code byte

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library.py", line 965, in search
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\search_query_parser.py", line 134, in parse
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\search_query_parser.py", line 140, in evaluate
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\search_query_parser.py", line 143, in evaluate_and
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\search_query_parser.py", line 140, in evaluate
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\search_query_parser.py", line 155, in evaluate_token
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library.py", line 906, in get_matches
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 8: unexpected code byte
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Will be fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert