Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think the Amazon Kindle looks...
good 4 40.00%
bad 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just because one doesn't own a Kindle doesn't mean one cannot put in an honest vote. There have been enough photos of the Kindle out there to make a valid assessment. I would hope people are not going to vote bad just because they own something else. I do hope those who do vote will vote honestly.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #17
binzer
Zealot
binzer doesn't litterbinzer doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
There are plenty of people here who aren't anti-Kindle but simply can't purchase one because they don't live in the US. I also think that non-Kindle owners probably have a less biased view than people who do own one (who wants to insult their own device?). Even though I don't have a Kindle or a Sony, I think the Sony is better looking, and that has nothing to do with how much I actually like either reader.

That being said, I only just now realized that this thread was intended for Kindle-owners only. Luckily I didn't vote, but I apologize for my intrusion and will now keep my mouth shut
binzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #18
spirits
Connoisseur
spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just because one doesn't own a Kindle doesn't mean one cannot put in an honest vote. There have been enough photos of the Kindle out there to make a valid assessment. I would hope people are not going to vote bad just because they own something else. I do hope those who do vote will vote honestly.
The point of of this post is to demonstrate that the Kindle in real life looks really different from pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
I also think that non-Kindle owners probably have a less biased view than people who do own one (who wants to insult their own device?).
But from my interaction with people in this forum, Cybook users always diss the Kindle. Sony Reader users just go about doing their own stuff.

Last edited by spirits; 03-08-2008 at 10:54 PM.
spirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #19
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I didn't vote because I stand somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad. I would have before I got mine. I ordered it despite thinking it was ugly. It certainly looks WAY better in person. I don't find it ugly, but I can't quite call it good. The material, the contours and the feel of it in the hand help the overall aesthetics for me and I don't think that comes through well in pictures.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #20
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
I have to say, I don't like it. However, I agree that in person it doesn't look so bad as in pictures.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Poll closed at the request of the OP.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #22
keving1701
Trekker
keving1701 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
Hey if it's OK for Mr Spock...it's OK for me.
keving1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 PM   #23
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Pictures don't do the Kindle justice. Much better in person.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #24
FourOhFour
HTTP Error
FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Better in person, but still ugly.
FourOhFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #25
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm glad just glad the Kindle isn't as ugly as the poll "results".
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #26
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Good thing the poll was closed, as obviously it got hacked at 999 yes votes! I've yet to see a poll here that drew that many voters in as short a time as this poll has been out.

Yikes!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #27
spirits
Connoisseur
spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spirits has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Poll closed at the request of the OP.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
obviously it got hacked at 999 yes votes
Yeah, i wondered where that came from. It was 4 good and 6 bad when the poll closed thanks to the non kindle owners who've never EVER held a Kindle before.

Last edited by spirits; 03-09-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #28
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Actually, I changed the number. I was trying to make a joke, I don't think it worked.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Actually, I changed the number. I was trying to make a joke, I don't think it worked.
What was the number before you messed up the poll so I can put it back and open it back up?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #30
spirits
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What was the number before you messed up the poll so I can put it back and open it back up?
preferably delete even the 4-6, or leave it at 999-6