Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
vidgej
vidgej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
How to Crop Pdf using PDFCropper

Ive been trying to figure out how to use PDFCropper to crop my pdf files but i always fail. Im sure this has been discussed here somewhere but i couldnt find it. i have books that need to be cropped in order to remove the heading and footer (title and page?) and to be used in my kindle3. So please help me crop ALL THE PAGESof my pdf files. THANKS A BUNCH!!!
vidgej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Could you try BRISS instead?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 01:57 AM   #3
vidgej

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Could you try BRISS instead?

I've tried it, too, but no luck. i couldnt figure it out too. i know, i suck at things like this. could you help me out with Briss, pls? How do i crop all the pages in a pdf file easily? thanks.

Last edited by vidgej; 12-12-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #4
vidgej

Please anyone, give me the step by step procedure on how to crop using Briss or PdfCropper. thanks!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
vidgej

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgej View Post
Please anyone, give me the step by step procedure on how to crop using Briss or PdfCropper. thanks!
I did it! but another problem, when i converted the file to mobi using Calibre, the page numbers showed up again? what did i do wrong?
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Most of these programs don't do a true crop, they just set the bounding box or the viewport of the PDF to ignore the rest of the page, so the headers and footers are still there, but hidden. (So they're still there when you convert.)

Calibre has built in methods for ignoring the headers and footers when converting. You might ask about it in the calibre forum.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #7
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Have you tried PDFtoepub? It's free and works very well. I've never had it fail. Will convert pdfs to epubs, html or mobi with ability to choose screen/pixel size and set up other page layouts. However the defaults convert for any 7" screen. It makes a normal size file also, not a huge image file.
http://www.pdftoepub.com/
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
khin99
MHK99
khin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkhin99 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: prs 505, nook color, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
While in BRISS I tried to crop and it is asking me for a password.
I have used BRISS before in another computer and worked quite well. I don't know while it is not working in the new computer.

Please help.
khin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khin99 View Post
While in BRISS I tried to crop and it is asking me for a password.
I have used BRISS before in another computer and worked quite well. I don't know while it is not working in the new computer.

Please help.
My guess is that your PDF file is password protected.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote