Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #31
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
I bought one of the M-Edge New Yorker Kindle covers to get the free light and I like it so much I'm going to keep my T1 in it, although it's not a perfect fit. Now I need to buy a different skin that will match the cover.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Got mine, it's great. Highly recommended at this price.

I expected a floppy, canvas cover. Instead, it's a hard cover all around, mostly brown leather (or fake leather?), with the front having the sewn-on/glued-on fabric New Yorker cover. The inside is a really nice tan microsuede. Classy looking, all around. The light is quite bright on the highest setting, better than I expected for only having one AAA. The best position for storage has the light hanging down the right side when not in use, not a big deal, but not protected in any way by the cover.

Only teensie downside is that it's now harder to access the K3's on/off switch

Best looking e-reader case I have. Best price for a light/case combo.

Thanks Boston (OP) and GeckoFriend (bumped the thread for late-comers like me to see).
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #33
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I like mine so much, I ordered another (dogwood). I may put my Sony in it, as stormcloude mentioned. Or I may just save it.

I take the light out when not in use, to protect it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #34
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
The case is loose on the k79 and tight on the fire. The light is great, but it really only works with the case as it slides into a slot in the side. I think I will afix a velcro strap where the light goes and a piece inside the opposite cover so I can use the case to stand my fire up for watching movies. I'll find a use for the light.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:24 AM   #35
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I just wanted the light (don't own a K3). I have a previous version of their light and it's great, especially for $10!
I'm a big "modifier" of all sorts of things, so I'm sure I'll find some use for the great looking "Sunday in Central Park" cover as well!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #36
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I like mine so much, I ordered another (dogwood). I may put my Sony in it, as stormcloude mentioned.
It seems to fit fairly snugly if you leave the gray foam piece behind the T1. I shook mine vigorously upside down (over my bed) and it didn't fall out, although one corner came close. Not the prettiest way to do things, but not too horrible. And you can't beat the price.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
It seems to fit fairly snugly if you leave the gray foam piece behind the T1. I shook mine vigorously upside down (over my bed) and it didn't fall out, although one corner came close. Not the prettiest way to do things, but not too horrible. And you can't beat the price.
Well my T1 is in a silicone skin so that should hold it snugly. It will be nice to have that light for it. That is the nicest light I have tried!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #38
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post

What about the buttons on the Sony? Are they covered or affected at all by the bottom straps?
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #39
stormcloude
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
What about the buttons on the Sony? Are they covered or affected at all by the bottom straps?
Not at all.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #40
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Thought about glomming the pair, but my Kindle has too many occasional outfits as it is. It would be like buying an extra bottle of Serge Lutens for that clothes-horse and soon-to-be-ex girlfriend who's preparing to leave the country.

Love the idea of supporting New York, the New Yorker and cultural literacy in general. I really like the eye-book cover as well.

(Note: Better for Apple to embed human eyes in their products than graft first-person pronouns to product names.)

Still, I actually prefer the European fit of the Octovo cover and light, and that deal is rather sweet, too.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-18-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #41
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Sony T1 in New Yorker Cover

Hiya!

I wanted to post pictures of the Sony T1 in the New Yorker cover. It fits. Barely. What I did to make it more secure is cut a piece of shelf liner the size of the reader itself and put it behind it. It doesn't change the fit in terms of making it more secure but it sure is hard to make that thing slide out. It's the stuff that feels plasticy/rubbery and has little nubs that make it easy to cut to fit what ever you're using it for.

I had some lying around but you can buy it for a few bucks at Walmart. I happened to have black so I used it. I think it works really well. I have a bunch of leather envelope style cases from Ex-Point but no cover & I refuse to spend the kind of money Sony is asking for theirs which I'm not crazy about to begin with. So I figured for $10, why not try the New Yorker. I'm happy with it. I think it works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewYork-cover.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	86912   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewYork-inside.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	86913   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewYork-cover-liner.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	86914  
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #42
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Thumbs up

Nice of you to post these pictures.Thanks...Beautiful cover choice!!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #43
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
Oh yeah, I think we have some of that around. The shelf liner stuff. I can totally repurose some now because I hate it in drawers and on shelves and our kitchen was full of it when we moved in. Wonder where I stuck it?

Oh, and Kaysclie? My little girl [one and a half] just walked up to me and howled and pointed at your "wolves" there.
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #44
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

My T1 is in a silicone skin (the removable kind) and it is ideal at holding the Sony in that cover. No chance of slipping. I only put it in the cover when I want to use the light. Otherwise I keep it in a soft zipper bag.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #45
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Give it a BUMP!!

http://www.medgestore.com/products/k...device=kindle3

Wanyed to give this post a bump. Stll $9.99 for the case!!!

PLUS: Currently , there is an offer for a FREE e-Luminator Touch Booklight when you look @ your cart.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote