Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Epub to mobi conversion problem

I worked on an epub in Sigil that originally had no TOC. I wrapped the chapter headers in <h> tags and had a TOC that was displayed by and could be used by the Calibre viewer.

I used Calibre to convert this file to mobi. An in-line TOC was created and was functional but the Calibre viewer never was able to display the TOC on the side panel. This is the first time this has happened and I can't figure out what is happening.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing this. It has to be some thing in my file but I don't know what. The file passes the validation check and behaves properly as an epub.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
The Calibre viewer is an ePub viewer, so I wouldn't trust it for mobi files - it converts them back to ePub in a quick and dirty manner. Best to preview mobi files (for judging proper behavior on Kindle apps) using Kindle Previewer and Kindle4PC/Kindle4Mac.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
- it converts them back to ePub in a quick and dirty manner.
I wasn't aware of that. I viewed it on a K4 and Kindle4PC. Both looked as I would have expected

Thanks for the info.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote