Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: October 2009 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Flash Forward by Robert J. Sawyer 30 41.67%
The Tide Mill by Richard Herley 7 9.72%
The Moon and the Sun by Vonda McIntyre 11 15.28%
Verdant Skies by Steven Jordan 15 20.83%
Soul Identity by Denis Batchelder 9 12.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #31
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
For the first time I think we have a real good selection I'd be happy with any of the choices.
I agree. I'm leaning toward Steve's newest or The Moon and the Sun.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM   #32
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Is that a Steve Job's quote?

BOb

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #33
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I watch TV. Even have a DVR.
And I work for the company (very likely) that sends you your bill.
Seriously.

I watch the local news, BBC America news, some History, Science, and Discovery channel shows almost all via Tivo. So yes I was being sarcastic.

But I really don't care much for TV in general.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #34
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thanks BOb/AnemicOak it looks like Richard has changed his license model.

Great move Herely.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #35
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Is that a Steve Job's quote?

BOb

And no one would ever need that much ram memory anyway.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #36
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And no one would ever need that much ram memory anyway.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Gates#Misattributed

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #37
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
My vote goes for Soul Identity...having seconded it's nomination and intending to read it win or lose.

Tide Mill was my first eBook, liked it but not enough to reread. Not being a SciFi/Fantasy fan I won't be spending 10bucks on Flash Forward so if either wins will be skipping October's read.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #38
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Vote for Verdant Skies! It is the best book I've read all year! I like Rob a lot and enjoyed Flash Forward, but Verdant Skies TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!

But that's just my opinion...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Vote for Verdant Skies! It is the best book I've read all year! I like Rob a lot and enjoyed Flash Forward, but Verdant Skies TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!
It does sound good. Personally I'll buy and read FF if that's what wins, but it's about 4th for me on what's up for voting.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And I work for the company (very likely) that sends you your bill.
Seriously.

I watch the local news, BBC America news, some History, Science, and Discovery channel shows almost all via Tivo. So yes I was being sarcastic.

But I really don't care much for TV in general.
Do you work for Tivo? Gah that's one of my most favorite things I own! I could be completely desititute and I'd be clutching that thing so tight...and yes I pretty much pay $15 a month to have the little Tivo guy record things it thinks I *might* like. Ahhh Tivo.

Anyway I'm not sure what I'm going to vote for. I've already read Soul Identity, which I loved. I haven't read one of Steve Jordan's books yet and I really want to, but I also really want to read The Tide Mill. I think I'll sleep on this.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #41
ThomasMc
Disgusted with LDBoblo
ThomasMc doesn't litterThomasMc doesn't litter

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If we don't watch TV or read, what do we do?
Write.
ThomasMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #42
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Do you work for Tivo? ...

Not Tivo, but one of the billing companies that handles Dish, Comcast, AT&T Broadband, and many others

We mail the invoices and track payments, etc. etc.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #43
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
Ahahaha man I was reading Flash Forward for a little bit just to see what it was about. 3 days later and I have already finished it. So, so SO so good.
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:18 AM   #44
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Loose_Appeal ... I love your avatar
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #45
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Loose_Appeal ... I love your avatar
I don't. I hate distracting animated gifs in avatars. It would be a fine avatar without the animation.