Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #28096
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Wish I could say "after the rain" here, dreams. But if this keeps up I'm going to need to borrow your umbrella.

Peet's Lion Mountain Keemun.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #28097
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Snowing again here in Va. Started as hail, then moved to wintery mix, to snow, to wintery mix, to wind... its pretty confused right now.

Coffee in ye old mug.

Hope you get it all worked out quickly KK!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #28098
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Good morning. Another bit of wet today. We don't particularly need it, thank you, I'm ready for the wet to be gone. More to the point, our friends just south of here, in Washington, don't need it AT ALL. They have had the wettest March on record. Ever. And the devastating slide. (KK, is it as bad out on the peninsula as it is inland a bit? )

IAC, I've personally had enough, and pooh's sisters are also tired of it and would like a day or two of sun to dry things out.

Peet's English Breakfast tea
Quote:
Wish I could say "after the rain" here, dreams. But if this keeps up I'm going to need to borrow your umbrella.

Peet's Lion Mountain Keemun.
We've definitely been having epic rains and saying the grounds are super saturated is putting it mildly. I've been wanting to Roto till for a few weeks now but if I had I would have lost that soil. We have very few areas that are as tenuous as that particular area that slid. Having said that, our main area of town runs right along the coast and the street above it is a directly vertical climb of about thirty to forty straight up. To the best of my knowledge it has always been very stable. We're bringing our town back from obscurity and have made a lot of citizen(not public money driven) improvements. It would be heartbreaking to lose it after all this work and energy.

It's sunny and breezy, not quite warm 54, but I have the sliding door to the Catio open so all the fur kids can come and go. Kind of feel obliged to go to the puppy park but feel equally obliged to work on the inside with surgeries looming
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #28099
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck, kindlekitten!

Second mug of tea waiting on the kitchen counter.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #28100
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Snow then rain. Pu erh all day
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #28101
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Best of luck KK with your upcoming medical 'adventures' - all wing feathers crossed for you! Keep your furry family close at all times.

After a very windy day .... heading towards a soothing Talisker ... high winds always put my nerves on edge [ever since the tree fell on my house during Hurricane Fran - not something you ever forget]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #28102
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Btw, I would like to extend an open invitation to all of you to come visit our little town that wouldn't stay dead
Old 03-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #28103
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And that little town is?

Phoenix Mountain Oolong this afternoon, as I crank out more drivel^h^h^h^h^h^h clear and lucid prose.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #28104
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, that's the way to interfere with my work day. My DW just cooked up a serious Sunday dinner: Rack of Lamb with root vegetables roasted in duck fat, and a 1997 Phelps Insignia. And I mostly have avoided the red wine headache. I have a bit of a shadow headache, but not the full bore monster. And the Phelps is hanging in there well. This was one of the very best red wines of 1997, anywhere in the world, and we had a case of them. But this and only one more left.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:32 AM   #28105
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Pulling weeds after it has rained is always so much easier. I wish it would hold off long enough to get the whole yard done.

Peet's Anniversary Blend coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #28106
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Ah, no need for pulling weeds -- poohbear_nc's 6 sisters here take care of that. No weeds, no dandelions, nada. Of course, also not much in the way of grass, but think of all the mowing I save.

Peet's Major Dickason's coffee this morning, with Lion Mountain Keemun when I finish the coffee.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #28107
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pu erh in my mug. It is amazing how many people look at my infuser and tell me how challenging they think it is to make loose leaf tea. I tell them you put the infuser in your mug, you place tea in the infuser, you place hot water into the mug. Not very challenging. They continue to look confused. It baffles me how such a simple process is so challenging to so many people.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #28108
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Peet's Anniversary Blend coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #28109
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Ah, no need for pulling weeds -- poohbear_nc's 6 sisters here take care of that. No weeds, no dandelions, nada. Of course, also not much in the way of grass, but think of all the mowing I save.

Peet's Major Dickason's coffee this morning, with Lion Mountain Keemun when I finish the coffee.
Do you have many cities our raccoons in the area?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:10 PM   #28110
CRussel
(he/him/his)

There's at least one raccoon in the area, I've spotted him a couple of times. But he can't get into the coop (I take their safety seriously!) and he hasn't been able to sneak up on them in daylight. I did loose one about a year ago to a mink. And I've had an occasional problem with a feral cat in the neighbourhood. Those are part of the inevitable byproduct of allowing them to free range. But at night, they're tucked into their Taj MaHen. And nothing short of an annoyed bear is getting in there. 1/4" wire mesh on all four sides and top, and down into the soil for 24 inches. And a latch on the door that even a raccoon hasn't managed to figure out yet.

More Lion Mountain Keemun.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?