Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
EVERYTHING MATTERS! Like, uh, formatting!

I just read EVERYTHING MATTERS! by Ron Currie Jr. on my Kindle and it is actually a life-changing book, one that I would not ordinarily hesitate to recommend. The problem is that the publisher edited it for the Kindle which I noticed immediately when I picked up the print version today. In the print version some (maybe 2%) of the paragraphs are numbered down the left hand side of the page. I can't say why without spoiling the book. But in the Kindle version those numbers have been removed. They actually do add a certain dimension to the reading of the story. One that you don't understand until you finish the book. Removing rather than repositioning them was a very poor choice. If you do read it on the Kindle try to first take a look at the print version. If you see the numbering first you'll probably at least have a good idea what was going on at book's end.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think that would be a very good issue to write to Kindle Customer Service about. Maybe they'll reformat it to include the numbers.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Yep, I did write to them, we'll see.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote