Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Ulysses
Ulysses began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Just a 2 quick questions (font size and letter spaces)

Hi I hope you guys can help me.. with my Hanlin V3 ext, and yes I tried to search on the internet.

1. How may I decrease font size? I read usually plain *.txt files in unicode because I found it most useful for me, but I'd like to have smaller font than is that 3 level size thingy, is there a way?

2. In those *.txt files.. when I have word with letter í or ž or few others there is a little space after them (I don't know if it is regular space or just some letters bug), I tried few fonts but it persists (and I have latest fw which support Czech language from Jinka) any ideas how to get rid of it?

Btw. format *.rtf completely fixes both issues letters are correctly displayed and are also small enough for my speed reading, but they are unbelavebly huge in file size and also have big tendency to crash so I can't use them, I also tried to convert my books to *.pdf while it fixes letter size there are big spaces between whole lines, so no use for me either..

Thank for any input..
Cheers
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Hi I hope you guys can help me.. with my Hanlin V3 ext, and yes I tried to search on the internet.
First solution is to convert your txt files to fb2 format (via BookDesigner program), but it is not just simple 1-button convertor.

Second solution is to flash the LBook (another Hanlin clone) firmware on your unit. The same software as for rtf/fb2 is used in this firmware for txt files also. You can download latest version here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/16255629...-fb2plugin.zip
or here: http://www.savefile.com/files/1879256
(if you don't like it, you can easily return to your current firmware).
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
I don't know if this will be of any help, but I would try converting the files to fb2. The Hanlin reads fb2 and rtf giving the same format options for both formats.

Since fb2 is xml, your file should be bigger than its txt equivalent, but not too much.

You can use bookdesigner to create fb2 files.

Hope this helps,

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroide View Post
I don't know if this will be of any help, but I would try converting the files to fb2. The Hanlin reads fb2 and rtf giving the same format options for both formats.

Since fb2 is xml, your file should be bigger than its txt equivalent, but not too much.

You can use bookdesigner to create fb2 files.

Hope this helps,

L.
Leandroide...

Your avatar is beautiful! Do you happen to have a larger version you could email me? Even better, might you have a .psd or .ai (photoshop or illustrator) file of it that I might have?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #5
Ulysses

Thanks for answers.. here is another one.. I made a *.fb2 file of my book in BD, and when I select it in Hanlin, the green light start blink and after like 15s it stops and the library reload itself, any ideas?
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 05:41 AM   #6
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Leandroide...

Your avatar is beautiful! Do you happen to have a larger version you could email me? Even better, might you have a .psd or .ai (photoshop or illustrator) file of it that I might have?

Derek
Hi!

I have just pm'ed you!

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:25 AM   #7
Ulysses

So in the end I couldn't get FB2 to work so I tried lbook firmware and voila, both issues are fixed, thank you.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #8
geely
geely began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
First solution is to convert your txt files to fb2 format (via BookDesigner program), but it is not just simple 1-button convertor.

Second solution is to flash the LBook (another Hanlin clone) firmware on your unit. The same software as for rtf/fb2 is used in this firmware for txt files also. You can download latest version here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/16255629...-fb2plugin.zip
or here: http://www.savefile.com/files/1879256
(if you don't like it, you can easily return to your current firmware).
I download the zip file and unzip, it's only one file named V3update.bin includ it,I flashed it but the txt file is not opened by FBReader,I can't read the txt files by Ereader normally.
Whether needs to put some .so files to the position which assigns? I have used beforehand edition hackrom,it needs switch
the default app to FBReader app to open the txt document.
Who knows what to be able like this? How can I set it to work?
geely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #9
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geely View Post
Whether needs to put some .so files to the position which assigns? I have used beforehand edition hackrom,it needs switch
the default app to FBReader app to open the txt document.
Who knows what to be able like this? How can I set it to work?
You cannot use FBReader with this firmware - it has only CoolReader in it. There is no official firmware with FBReader, only some people-made modifications. In a day or two new version should be ready. I'll post then. If you can read Russian somehow - read these topics for more details:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...7998&start=360
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9510
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:39 AM   #10
geely

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
You cannot use FBReader with this firmware - it has only CoolReader in it. There is no official firmware with FBReader, only some people-made modifications. In a day or two new version should be ready. I'll post then. If you can read Russian somehow - read these topics for more details:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...7998&start=360
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9510
Thanks for your reply !
Looks like me to understand the mistake.But when I flash the firmware,the txt files(Chinese code)was unable to open completely?! Only the English txt files can be opened!
What needs to do the txt files to transform?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #11
geely

I can open the chinese EPUB files, I can open the chinese PDB files, but why can not open chinese TXT files?