Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #1
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Problems with Name of Collections on iPad

I transfer my epubs from Calibre to iPad using "Connect to iTunes" which is fine.

However the last few days when I have been transferring collections, the name of the collection is not the same in iBooks on the iPad as it is in Calibre.
Basically the collection in iBooks keeps loosing the first "the".
For example I wanted to transfer a collection of 5 books to my iPad via iTunes. The collection in Calibre is called "The Morning After", but it appears on my iPad in iBooks as "Morning After".
I haven't had this problem before, and I know it's just a minor one, but has anyone else come across this and is there a way to solve it?
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
In Preferences|Devices|Plugins|Device Interface plugins|Apple you have 'Use Series as Category in iTunes/iBooks' checked.

If you uncheck it, the category will be drawn from your Tags, unless you're using a metadata plugboard to change the category.

If you'd prefer a different category name, you can use a plugboard to accomplish that, with the checkbox unchecked.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 01-22-2013 at 05:32 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert