Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
mufc
Connoisseur
mufc doesn't littermufc doesn't litter

Device: Sony 650
I stand corrected.
It is much better to explode the epub deleting only the page-template file and editing the existing css file in notepad ++
What I changed in the css was my font declarations only.
Then rebuild the epub and convert to epub again in Calibre.

I then used no extra css in Calibre Common Options but I did specify base font size and margin settings etc.
mufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
as the adobe page template file always has the same name ( & seems to annoy lots of people, me included) could a future calibre release have the option to zap it out of existence as a epub conversion preference. ? i.e. just tick a box, run epub to epub convert & its gone ?

i have been deleting all references to it via sigil - find / replace the link line in all files - then redo calibre epub to epub in order to set sensible @page values for my Sony, seems to work OK but it's a nuisance to have to repeat the same process for every ADE book.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #18
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
as the adobe page template file always has the same name ( & seems to annoy lots of people, me included) could a future calibre release have the option to zap it out of existence as a epub conversion preference. ? i.e. just tick a box, run epub to epub convert & its gone ?

i have been deleting all references to it via sigil - find / replace the link line in all files - then redo calibre epub to epub in order to set sensible @page values for my Sony, seems to work OK but it's a nuisance to have to repeat the same process for every ADE book.
The current version of Calibre now deletes the xpgt margins during an epub to epub conversion, but keeps it in case there are other adobe specific styles being uses. Since margins are most people's biggest complaint this more or less does the trick.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote