Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
What are reading on your nook

right now I am reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. After seeing the hardcover in person, makes me feel very very happy I have it on the nook. That book is a monster.

so far it's a great read.

How about you ?

Last edited by boswd; 12-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Poems and short stories from various authors.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
The Skin Map by Stephen R. Lawhead I'm up to page 119 of 343 & so far I like it. Some things written stretch credibility even for a Fantasy/Sci-Fi book, but the characters are interesting enough to keep me reading.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
Kolfe
Enthusiast
Kolfe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Duma Key from Stephen King
Kolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
I took this as an opportunity to read a long book I've been putting off for years: Perdido Street Station, by China Miéville.

I'm only about 350 pages in (I love having "human" page numbers on my ebooks), but so far it is an amazingly well-told and engaging story that just happens to include some excellent steampunk and fantasy elements.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolfe View Post
Duma Key from Stephen King
Loved Duma Key,

how are you liking it so far?
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I'm reading an antholgy called More Holmes for the Holidays editied by Martin Greenberg. The antholgy is a collection of "new" Sherlock Holmes stories written by current mystery authors (like Anne Perry). I am also reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins in preparation for the MR book club discussion.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
I'm currently reading The Blood King by Gail Z. Martin. I'm enjoying it but will probably move to a better series soon as this one seems a bit cliche.
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Currently, The Three Musketeers. One of the better translations, even.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
Kolfe
Enthusiast
Kolfe began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Loved Duma Key,

how are you liking it so far?
GREAT novel... as all S.K. novels. I'm half the book right now...
Kolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
The Annotated Archy and Mehitable by Don Marquis
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #12
carbphrek
carbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, NC
Just finished the Ark by Stephen Baxter and moved onto Black Order by James Rollins. The last of the series until #7 comes out next year, I had to wait for BO so I read all the other books 1, 2, 4, 5, 6. Took way too long for it to show up in the libraries.
carbphrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
right now I am reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. After seeing the hardcover in person, makes me feel very very happy I have it on the nook. That book is a monster.

so far it's a great read.

How about you ?
LOVE that book!!! The journey you take is incredible.....I'll let you finish it before I give my complete opinion, but, yeah, it's a monster, I own it....but I also don't mind reading large books, they don't seem to bother me....at all.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
Number_6
Enthusiast
Number_6 doesn't litterNumber_6 doesn't litter

Device: Barnes and Noble Nook Wi-fi, Ectaco jetBookLite, Nokia N810, Nokia 770
Just started Tom Clancy's Dead or Alive today.
Number_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #15
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I just started Avempartha by Michael J. Sullivan. I am in a goodreads group with the authors wife and she posted that it is free for the Nook. It is basically an adult action/adventure/fantasy novel. It is very different and unique so far. It is actually book 2 in a series, but I was assured by his wife that it can be read as a stand alone. I will probably be buying the rest in the series anyway. Here is the link if anybody is interested.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote