Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
ladmo
ladmo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Reader 300
List help please?

Is there a way to pull a list of all the ebooks/articles on my Sony Pocket reader so that I can print it up on my computer? I use Calibre.

Thank you
ladmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I'm not thoroughly familiar with calibre yet myself, but in answer to your question, I don't think so.

You could use some kind of file listing software for Linux/Mac/Windows (which ever OS you're using). But that will only tell you what is available on your computer, not on your reader hardware. Transferring all of the files into calibre will let you get around this last problem.

I'm not aware of the Sony Pocket so cannot answer whether some option, or other piece of software, would be of direct help on it.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
For the books IN CALIBRE (main)
From a command prompt: calibredb list > mylist.txt
you can use any name you want in place of "mylist" The .txt make it so it opens with Notepad or other simple text editor by default.

Calibre does not currently seem to allow a Select and copy of the lists shown.

For your reader,
you could get a directory listing, it won't be pretty
Find out the drive letter assigned to the storage of interest on you device ("My computer" should show this)
Open a command prompt window (by default this will be at: C:\documents and settings\<your user name> )
type
Code:
cd desktop [enter]
dir <drive letter>:  /S > mylist.txt  [enter]
This will leave the file mylist.txt on the desktop
The /S will step through all your folders on the specified drive letter (from the starting directory)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote