Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #31
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
damn, that guy is really good.
He's really good. I bought a car off him and I can't even drive
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
He's really good. I bought a car off him and I can't even drive
good thing that topic didn't come up when he talked to me !!!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #33
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Awesome. Congrats. I just started reading "The Drowned".
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:36 AM   #34
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I enjoyed Midnight in Paris very much and am off to download more. I read it at midnight while drinking wine in a hotel room, which made it all the more haunting. It could have only been more perfect if The Doors had been playing softly in the background.

I had forgotten how nice a good short story can be. Thanks Moejoe, you've got a new fan.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #35
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
I enjoyed Midnight in Paris very much and am off to download more. I read it at midnight while drinking wine in a hotel room, which made it all the more haunting. It could have only been more perfect if The Doors had been playing softly in the background.

I had forgotten how nice a good short story can be. Thanks Moejoe, you've got a new fan.
Well for reading
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #36
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
And I forgot to thank Hadrien and FEEDBOOKS for the best place I've ever come across to put out fiction. I'd be unread now if it wasn't for Hadrien and Feedbooks.
Glad that you enjoy publishing on Feedbooks ! We're working on making our e-books even better.

Part of the reason why self-published writers can be very successful on Feedbooks is that we have a lot more potential readers than websites dedicated purely to self-publishing. Some of them discover Feedbooks through public domain books and decide to try a self-published book after a while.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #37
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Woohoo!!!

Damn good effort, old chap

Now... just keep up the awesome work, eh?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #38
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Congratulations, Moejoe. You certainly deserve all your success, and more!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #39
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow, congratulations! That's a wonderful achievement. Hope you continue onwards and upwards!
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #40
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Woohoo!!!

Damn good effort, old chap

Now... just keep up the awesome work, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Congratulations, Moejoe. You certainly deserve all your success, and more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
Wow, congratulations! That's a wonderful achievement. Hope you continue onwards and upwards!
Thanks one and all I've had a really good couple of days, first all this, and then I found out I'm linked in on a feminist writing blog. I'm fit to burst with excitement
Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 AM   #41
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:55 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:38 AM   #42
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
I downloaded Suggested Oddities last week and was surprised by how good it was. It's a shame you're so down on legitimate publishing because it would probably only be a matter of time before you could go that way.

Am I right in saying you're changed all your covers on Feedbooks since last week? Or am I going nuts. Not that it's mutually exclusive.

Yeah I changed the covers And I wouldn't spit on the publishing industry if it was on fire, not that you asked, but anyway, that's how I feel about them

EDIT: the big publishers, I mean. I still love the small, indie press
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #43
Moejoe
Banned

Ooh.. 497 off the big 10,000

Old 09-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #44
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Ooh.. 497 off the big 10,000

WOOT !!! i'll drink to that ! congratulations moejoe ! it's wonderful to see your work being discovered by so many people !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #45
Moejoe
Banned

When I reach 10,000 I'm going to buy myself a new hat. A trilby or a fedora perhaps