Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Above the place in the Look and Feel tab where you can check to ignore fonts and margins, there is an option to specify line spacing.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Above the place in the Look and Feel tab where you can check to ignore fonts and margins, there is an option to specify line spacing.
I see, but that would mean I still wouldn't be able to change it directly from my Kobo, correct?

Edit: After playing with it again and again, I settled on 180% minimum line height. Still sucks I can't change it but oh well.

Last edited by kobokobe; 10-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can change all of mine without any problem. I believe if you set it to 0 it will allow adjustments on those books that you cannot adjust line height. I might be wrong about that as I am reaching back to something I did before line height was adjustable on the Kobo device I was using at that time.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I can change all of mine without any problem. I believe if you set it to 0 it will allow adjustments on those books that you cannot adjust line height. I might be wrong about that as I am reaching back to something I did before line height was adjustable on the Kobo device I was using at that time.
Interesting, I think I tried changing everything to 0, but still couldn't adjust it on my Kobo..
Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
taming
Trying for calm & polite

If it is a particular book or two, you may have to actually change the CSS for those books. As I said, it is not an issue with the books i have on my devices. I only keep my TBR books on the device, but over the past several years about 200 books have passed through it.
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #21
RG1
RG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with others

Device: Sony PRST-2, Kobo touch
Quote:
Hm, is there a check box for line-spacing?
Underneath the check boxes in the Look and Feel tab, there is a box to delete other css properties. You can put line-height in there.
RG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #22
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
KoboKobe

Try changing the minimum line height field to 0.0%, my line height is also set to 0.0 but I believe that was the original default value. It probably has a value like 110% or 120% for line height now if you have not previously changed it. I believe that will do the trick. As I recall that was another tip I received from somebody else, probably taming again.

I just checked an e-pub I side-loaded earlier today and I was able to change the line spacing using the Touch slider.

Note: The line height field is on the same page - Preferences - Conversions - Common Options - Look & Feel

Last edited by fbrII; 10-07-2012 at 08:56 PM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #23
kobokobe
I am what I am

Most of my sideloaded epubs were fine in terms of line spacing, but some had problems, so I reconverted all of them using 0%, 120% (default) and 180% (just because I like this) and now line spacing won't change on the Kobo. Not completely sure if I tried 0%, so I will give that a go.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #24
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to clear up any possible confusion between minimum line height and line height.

minimum line height = 0.0%
line height = 0.0 pt

I re-read my earlier post and because of the similarity in the names of the two fields, it appeared to be confusing to me.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #25
kobokobe
I am what I am

Yikes, just tried it for 1 book..and it worked :S Must've done something wrong when I tried earlier. And now for the 5th (?) time, I am going to convert my entire library and reload them on to my Kobo

Thanks!

Edit: Ugh, nvm. I just bulk converted the rest, and I still cannot adjust the line spacing for most. What's worse, now they have no line spacing whatsoever. I think I'm just gonna bulk convert everything with 180% minimum line height and call it a win.

Last edited by kobokobe; 10-08-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #26
fbrII
F. BluDevil

Thats unfortunate.

I have individually converted about ten books now and I have not run into any problems (fingers crossed). I have avoided mass converting because of the extra files it creates in the library and at this point I'm over a thousand books.