Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the texture of your Glowlight screen?
Smooth as glass 6 54.55%
Somewhat textured or rough 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Question Screen on Glowlight: Smooth or rough??

Was reading another forum post that mentioned a woman had two Glowlights. One had a problem with a pinhole of light showing thru. She got her replacement before she returned the other.

She posted that side by side, the two had vastly different looks to the text, clarity and even the "whiteness" of the glowlight itself. She then said the biggest difference she noticed was that the unit she would be returning had a somewhat "rough" screen. In comparison, she noted the replacement unit's screen was "smooth as glass".

I just picked my God!Glowlight up yesterday and noticed that the screen on it is indeed a little rough. I assumed it was like this because of the touchscreen.

I am curious to find out if there is a difference out there in screen texture on the Glowlights already purchased? Is your Glowlight screen "smooth as glass" like a tablet or more textured or "rough"?

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Mine seems smooth to me. I ordered online from B&N - it shipped on 05/04.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
alaskazimm
alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alaskazimm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook Touch Glow; Kindle Paperwhite 2
Mine is minimally textured - I wouldn't really call it rough, but it isn't smooth either. After a month of regular reading, no pinholes, no complaints. Love it.
alaskazimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Mine has texture, but rough is too strong a word..
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #5
meco
meco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 11th gen
Got my glowlight yesterday.I think its smooth only, but I don't have another one to compare because this is my first one.
meco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2015, 06:06 PM   #6
Hermit77
Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hermit77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight
I've had a Nook Glowlight for about 4 yrs, just upgraded to the new model. I'd be lost without it as I read 2 to 4 books a month. It's also expanded my choice of books. I have tried other readers but none come upto the Nook.
Hermit77 is offline   Reply With Quote